PDA

View Full Version : Any Sites of Interest Near Orlando, FL

Steve Wargo
11-23-2004, 11:25 AM
I leave on Thanksgiving day for 10 days in Orlando with the family, and would like something other to do than Mickey one day. Good markets, shops, whatever. thanks.

jay hanks
11-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Ron Jon's surf shop is not too far from there. Of course if you are with Kids no telling how fun that would be for them. Jay

Tom LaRussa
11-23-2004, 12:52 PM
I leave on Thanksgiving day for 10 days in Orlando with the family, and would like something other to do than Mickey one day. Good markets, shops, whatever. thanks.
Steve,

I don't suppose you are driving down?

If so, please

BRING WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the Orlando area...

Do you golf? Tons of nice courses in the area.

Other than that, you could go east a bit to the beach.

Hal Flynt
11-23-2004, 1:54 PM
Sea World, sit in the wet seats for the Killer Whales.

Jack Norfleet
11-23-2004, 3:05 PM
Kennedy Space Center and Sea World are my favorite attractions. However, Thanksgiving week is one of the busiest weeks of the year for the parks so the lines will be long.

I would make the drive to one of the beaches, Canaveral National Seashore is usually not too crowded, or try some of the parks. My favorite park is Blue Springs. The manatees go there when the weather gets cold and there are lots of neat fish and other wildlife to see.

As far as woodworking, we have one WoodCraft store in Casselberry.

Donnie Raines
11-23-2004, 3:24 PM
If you are driving your welcome to swing by my way on the way there....if you are coming 75 of coarse. I am less then 20 minutes from 75 and 275....and about the same from 71.

Steve Wargo
11-23-2004, 4:01 PM
Since I spent a year in Orlando in the service I'm fairly familiar with the area. I'd like to visit a shop, or a big sale like was suggested in a PM. Sorry Donnie, I'm taking 77 down since I'm stopping in Charlott, North Carolina on the way there. Keep the ideas coming.

Kevin Beck
11-24-2004, 8:08 AM
You could check out Utter Guys. Lots of tools to drool over.

It's off 417 (the Greene Way) in Sanford/Lake Mary.

The Woodcraft in Casselberry is nice too.

Kevin