PDA

View Full Version : Delta 36-953 Unisaw

Barry Rhoads
05-27-2010, 1:22 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the refurbed Delta Unisaw that Work Shop Tools sells? I know it does not come with a fence. Just wondering what and if anyone has any experience with one.

Brendan Plavis
05-27-2010, 1:32 PM
Uni Anything...well maybe except uni-brow and uni-cycle.... is bound to be good.... But, I imagine that its not all that bad.... referb just means that it might have had a cosmetic defect that had to be retouched, or someone bought it, then realized they couldnt afford it....

Barry Rhoads
05-27-2010, 2:11 PM
That is what I am thinking. It comes with a 6 months factory warranty.

mark kosse
05-27-2010, 2:44 PM
Didn't woodcraft have them not long ago for 899. with a fence?

Ray Newman
05-27-2010, 8:24 PM
On a whim, I looked on the web site. There is one Unisaw listed --

http://store.workshoptools.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=wst&Product_Code=12080008&Category_Code=tablesaws

From the the description given, there is no fence,extension wings, and miter gauge. So those items are going to add to the cost of the saw.

I would call and ask about exactly what is included. If those items are not, figure out the approximate additional costs for them. If none are included, I have a "hunch" that a good fence, cast iron extension wings, and a miter gauge will run an easy US $600.00.

I would really start looking at Craig's list or EBay and if there are any woodworking stores in your area, see if they have "For Sale" bulletin boards.

Maik Tobin
05-27-2010, 8:29 PM
Seems like a good deal to me. One thing I don't understand is the shipping weight. It is listed at 250 pounds, yet other websites for new ones list it at 372. Also, I wonder if it comes with a fence...this may be a great upgrade for me from my 10 year old delta contractor saw.
Would love to hear from anyone who ownes this unit.

Ray Newman
05-27-2010, 8:36 PM
Maik Tobin: probably only 250 lbs. because there no extension wings??

I have two cast iron Delta extension wings on my Uni-saw and they are heavy!

I looked on the Delta web page and the "old style" 3 HP Unisaw with 30" Unifence and 2 cast iron wings is 456 lbs. The 10" Hybrid saw with 30" Unifence and 1 extesion wings is 358 lbs.

Maik Tobin
05-27-2010, 8:49 PM
You may well be right, but I will call in the AM....my Delta T2 fence may fit, and I already have a good miter guage (incra) and perhaps the wings on my contractor saw will fit...lots of ifs, but it may work out for me.

mark kosse
05-27-2010, 9:09 PM
RH wing usually doesn't matter. Just check carefully before you buy. I recently bought a '85 uni with a 3hp, 3ph and a new 3hp 1ph motor for 425 at a deceased PD,D's estate.

Some uni's like mine didn't come with a RH wing from Delta even when new. They were made to have a table next to them.

Hope it helps! mark

Maik Tobin
05-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Oh well...would have been perfect for me....my existing fence, wings and mitre guage would have fit perfectly. I called and was told they sold their last one a week ago.

Barry Rhoads
05-28-2010, 1:42 PM
I sent an email to Workshop Tools. I was told it comes with blade guard, cord (no plug), one wing, and miter gauge. I will find out for sure this coming week as I will be at a Workshop Tools site that has two on hand.

Jim Andrew
05-28-2010, 11:41 PM
My uni came with only one ci extension, the right side is a formica covered pb table, it has the long fence rails so I can rip 48" or a little more.