PDA

View Full Version : XY Disable on Epilog Mini Problem

Liesl Dexheimer
05-27-2010, 11:15 AM
HELP!

I was just about at the end of a job and I received an X/Y Disabled: X message on our Epilog mini engraver. It seems like the cord is getting stuck because it's engraving a 2.5" x 24" piece. I turned off the machine and restarted it, sent the job over, it got only a few passes down and then stopped with that error message again. Any suggestions?

Liesl Dexheimer
05-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out. I isolated the artwork and did it in pieces so it wasn't going all the way across.

Dan Hintz
05-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Sounds like you found a temporary bandaid, but not a solution... what happens the next time you come across this bug, extra work again? Speak with Epilog now before you forget and it crops up after the warranty is gone.

Darryl Hazen
05-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Liesl,

If I'm understanding your problem and you are referring to the coiled cable, you should be able to loosen the screws holding down the cover, raise the cover slightly and retighten the screws. You can also place some tape at the end of the cover to keep the coiled lead from catching.

Liesl Dexheimer
05-27-2010, 1:52 PM
Thank you Darryl, I will have to try that suggestion. I never really thought much of the way they designed the coil with the cover so close, of course I'm no engineer either...