PDA

View Full Version : Cordless drills-impacts

Troy John
05-26-2010, 1:08 PM
Most people that I know are running the Makita sets but Ive always noticed the Milwaukuee set at Home Depot. Does anyone have this set and how does it compare?

http://www.tools-plus.com/milwaukee-2691-22.html

Seems like a great price for a great set. I know a lot of metal workers like Milwaukee.

Thanks, Troy

Lee Ludden
05-26-2010, 1:49 PM
Milwaukee just came out with their new version of that driver with the Lithium Ion battery. The new and old devices/batteries are not interchangeable.

That is probably why they are on sale. I personally use the Dewalt impact driver and have been very happy with it.

Jeff Monson
05-26-2010, 3:14 PM
Milwaukee just came out with their new version of that driver with the Lithium Ion battery. The new and old devices/batteries are not interchangeable.

That is probably why they are on sale. I personally use the Dewalt impact driver and have been very happy with it.

That set is lithium ion,

I have that set with the larger batteries, was on sale for $299.00 and I received $100.00 when I brought in my old 14volt dewalt to trade in, brining it down to $199.00. I really like the drill and the impact driver is awesome for driving screws. I know the salesman very well that I bought this set from, he stated the only complaint he has gotten on the set you are looking at was "the battery life is shorter than expected." He also said he has sold a ton of these and only a couple complaints. That is the reason I went for the larger battery version...downside they weigh alot more.

Cant go wrong with this set in my eyes.

joe milana
05-26-2010, 4:46 PM
I've had that compact drill for about 2.5 yeas now and have really liked it. Sure, the battery life is less than the larger drill, but the charge time is only 30 minutes. I've framed with 3" spax screw all day long with it many times and have never had to wait on the charger. The bad news is that I need to replace the batteries and is it worth it to spend $140 on a two year old drill?
Also note that I recently opened a Milwaukee combo kit at the HD and noticed that both the drill and impact driver were missing the belt clip and the bit holder. I pointed it out to the TTI Inc. rep. who just happened to be in the store that day and he started talking about price point, and other marketing jargon. I told him I was going to take a serious look at Makita.