PDA

View Full Version : John K's Generosity

Nigel Tracy
05-26-2010, 8:59 AM
I remember my surprise to be the first to view Bill Bolen's thread offering these up, and now someone else will be the lucky one!

Thanks John--enjoyed them very much :)

Grumbine - "Turned Bowls" and "Beyond the Basic Bowl"

The fine print:

1. Loans are restricted to Contributors of SMC, and I would expect that policy to be honored by others that may come into possession of these DVDs. If you aren't a Contributor, then pay the $6 and have an opportunity to borrow these DVDs, and others that may be available by other creekers.
2. These DVDs will be marked with the owner's name. While the owner does not ever expect them back in her/his possession, should the interest in borrowing these cease, she/he would appreciate the individual holding them at the time sending her/him a PM for her/his address and returning them to her/him.
3. The DVDs should be cared for properly so they can be shared with others.
4. I will mail the DVD or DVDs to any Contributor wanting them for viewing. That person will diligently watch them to the extent they feel it takes to absorb the material, and then the holder shall promptly post a thread similar to this one seeking another interested individual. The person shipping shall bear the cost of shipping each time the DVDs change possession.
5. This arrangement is based solely on the honor system. The DVDs have been very helpful to me, and I hope they will help others. But, that can only happen if we have honest participation in this arrangement. If it doesn't work, then it is no great loss to me economically, but it will certainly be a disappointment to me.
6. SMC is not involved in this at all, has no liability, and this entire arrangement is voluntary on my part. I accept the risk of loss of the DVDs, and in no way intend to hold the owners/administrators/moderators of SMC liable in any way in the event of loss.

So, there you are! Who wants to view these DVDs? In keeping with lending methods, it's first come first served. I'm all for transparency, so please post in this thread for all to see who was first :) I'll check back in a couple of hours.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Nigel

Nick Fournier
05-26-2010, 9:56 AM
I'd been meaning to contribute to this forum, and this message just prompted me to do it.

I'd like to view the DVDs if they are still available.

Karl Card
05-26-2010, 12:19 PM
I sure would like to also.... sounds great..

Ken Fitzgerald
05-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Folks,

Keep in mind that there is no reservation system for these DVDs. That means if someone requests them, you need to watch for them to come available again and respond again quickly.

John when he set this up realized that trying to keep a reservation list would be nearly impossible.

Nigel Tracy
05-26-2010, 3:11 PM
I'd been meaning to contribute to this forum, and this message just prompted me to do it.

I'd like to view the DVDs if they are still available.
Wow it took almost an hour for the first post...

Hi Nick, yes, as per the original post, they're all yours!

PM me your address and I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks and enjoy!