PDA

View Full Version : Funny Advice To Share

Liesl Dexheimer
05-25-2010, 7:21 PM
First off, don't let anyone beat you down in price. I'm sure all of you already know this. Just thought I would share a funny video of what to do when a customer haggles you with the price (it's a clip from the British tv show Black Books), well it's what we all wish we could do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA7iAWX3ukY

The clip is 8 min long but the actual part that I'm referring to is the first minute or so.

Also, thought I would share a quote that you may or may not have heard. I'm seriously thinking of engraving the phrase and putting it somewhere in our shop.

"Poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part."

Dan Hintz
05-25-2010, 8:02 PM
God, but I love British humor... wish I had more time to spend watching BBC (because that's about the only British humor us Yanks get over this side of the pond!).

Liesl Dexheimer
05-26-2010, 7:31 PM
Actually I came across this show when I was watching Comedy Central a few years back. They don't have many episodes, maybe 12 or so. Probably one of the funnier British shows, at least since Mr. Bean and Are You Being Served.

Dan Hintz
05-26-2010, 8:29 PM
I was always fond of Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served, and Black Adder... I also enjoyed Keeping Up Appearances, and (once in a while) The Vicar of Dibley.

Maybe I need to just pick some random shows, record them, and see if they're any good.

Oooooh, almost forgot one of the best, Absolutely Fabulous! Freakin' hilarious...

Frank Corker
05-27-2010, 1:31 PM
Would you believe I can't view it here in the UK because of copyright!

Bill Cunningham
05-27-2010, 9:37 PM
Would you believe I can't view it here in the UK because of copyright!

I can download the file, and send it to you Frank :cool:

Mark Ross
05-28-2010, 8:11 AM
Actually I came across this show when I was watching Comedy Central a few years back. They don't have many episodes, maybe 12 or so. Probably one of the funnier British shows, at least since Mr. Bean and Are You Being Served.

Don't forget Chef! Lenny Henry is hilarious...

Frank Corker
05-28-2010, 10:02 AM
No don't worry about it but thanks anyway Bill. I actually only live for American Dad these days, it really cracks me up everytime I see it.

Liesl Dexheimer
05-28-2010, 3:45 PM
I do remember Absolutely Fabulous, I think they had that on Comedy Central for awhile. I've heard of Black Adder & Keeping Up Appearances but haven't seen them...

I was always fond of Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served, and Black Adder... I also enjoyed Keeping Up Appearances, and (once in a while) The Vicar of Dibley.

Maybe I need to just pick some random shows, record them, and see if they're any good.

Oooooh, almost forgot one of the best, Absolutely Fabulous! Freakin' hilarious...