PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Bat Engraving

Tom Henry
05-25-2010, 9:53 AM
I don't know much about engraving but thought I would ask...How hard is it to engrave a baseball bat and would a local trophy place be able to do something like this??? Looking to make a bat then get it engraved and have the kids on my son's team sign it for the coach...

greg lindsey
05-25-2010, 10:08 AM
I have engraved several baseball bats with no problem, yes a local laser engraver should be able to do it but you will need someone that has a table large enough to fit the bat in or be able to open a panel on the machine it fit it in.

At Minute Maid Park, where our Astros attempt to play * (note the sarcasim)they engrave bats onsite,but they charge 125.00 per bat ( bat included) they use a Pinnacle Laser engraver, what a rackit. Wish I could have gotten a piece of that action.

Tim Bateson
05-25-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't know much about engraving but thought I would ask...How hard is it to engrave a baseball bat and would a local trophy place be able to do something like this??? Looking to make a bat then get it engraved and have the kids on my son's team sign it for the coach...

You could get all of their signatures and have those engraved as well.

Bill Cunningham
05-25-2010, 10:32 PM
As long as you can fit them in the laser, they are easy to engrave..

Frank Corker
05-26-2010, 5:56 AM
Wow those bats turned out really nice.

Dan Hintz
05-26-2010, 6:06 AM
They look sweet, but I'm not sure I want a bunch of bats at my wedding... the women might get a hold of them!

Greg Bednar
05-26-2010, 3:09 PM
<snip> I'm not sure I want a bunch of bats at my wedding... the women might get a hold of them!<another snip>

I was going to comment on this section of your post, Dan. Something about being redundant or such.

[ Attention SC ladies - please don't flame me it was only a joke. And I didn't even type it!! ]

I'll stop typing now.

Dan Hintz
05-26-2010, 3:24 PM
Greg,

I didn't say "old bats"... that would have been redundant ;)

Dee Gallo
05-26-2010, 6:09 PM
Guys- being "old" and being "bats" are two completely different things. Some of us are lucky enough to be both! :D

Bill Cunningham
05-27-2010, 8:48 PM
I've done quite a few bats over the last few years. Mostly for wedding groomsman gifts, but also did a few for a major Bank with the words "persuader" engraved on them.. Must have been for the collections department managers:eek: