PDA

View Full Version : Your assistance please

Don Williams Michigan
05-25-2010, 9:46 AM
I am doing a pro bono job for an area church. They have asked me to engrave several bible passages on a wooden bible that will be prominently displayed in the church. I am having a difficult time laying it out so that it is similar to actual bible pages.

Any ideas on fonts and or layout to give this an authentic look?

Your comments are most appreciated and I thank you in advance for your assistance!

Michael Doyle
05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
There is a font called Bible Script you might want to have a look at.

http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/bible-script/

Frank Corker
05-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Don't forget Don that it is possible to scan the bible page at 300 dpi and treat the engraving as a picture, you will still get a fine result by doing that.

Don Williams Michigan
05-25-2010, 3:20 PM
Thank you both for the ideas. I tried to create the text file in Word and then import it into Corel but it would not work. Is there a way to do this or does all of the text have to be created in Corel?

John Noell
05-25-2010, 4:05 PM
Thank you both for the ideas. I tried to create the text file in Word and then import it into Corel but it would not work. Is there a way to do this or does all of the text have to be created in Corel?I do this a lot. Simply copy the text in Word, go to Corel, click the Text tool (or press F8), click where you want the text, hit Paste! (Formatting can be another story.)

Chris DeGerolamo
05-25-2010, 4:09 PM
One way to retain formatting between apps is converting to PDF. In your case, printing the DOC to a PDF and inserting the PDF to the CDR would retain all of your formatting as well as keep the entities as vector objects, thereby producing a nice etch.

Larry Bratton
05-25-2010, 4:45 PM
One way to retain formatting between apps is converting to PDF. In your case, printing the DOC to a PDF and inserting the PDF to the CDR would retain all of your formatting as well as keep the entities as vector objects, thereby producing a nice etch.
Guess that's why it's named Portable Document Format (PDF) huh?

Tom Bull
05-25-2010, 7:49 PM
French script is both elegant and readable .