PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Epilog machine price

Gary Liberman
05-24-2010, 6:58 PM
Hello,

I´m planning to buy an Epilog machine, but I received a couple of quotations within 5 months and the difference in prices was about $4000 more dollars on each machine. I´ve heard a lot of you own Epilog, and may know actual prices of the machines, so maybe you can help me (I was dealing not directly with Epilog, it was a distributor). I´m interested on a Helix 18x24 60 Watts, but the price he gave me the second time was $20945 (just the machine).

What do you think? Is the price correct or high?

Thank you,

Gary Liberman

Tom Bull
05-24-2010, 7:13 PM
Are you saying the price went up 4K in 5 months?

Gary Liberman
05-24-2010, 7:18 PM
Well, just the machine price went up 4k, but also it was supposed to be the price in Costa Rica, and now its supposed to be the price, but in the states.

Have you heard about prices lately? Does it really cost almost 21k?

greg lindsey
05-24-2010, 7:19 PM
Sorry Gary, I cant help you with the price of a new unit, but you will have to go through a distributer for a new unit. Epilog does not sell new direct. They may sell used directly, but you will have to talk to them.

Dave Russell Smith
05-24-2010, 9:01 PM
Unfortunately buying a laser is much like buying a car its up to the distributor to cut a deal in which he makes a profit and keeps you on the hook. The fact most Lasers components are made in the Far East makes you wonder how much Lasers really cost.
Any laser company that claims there Laser is US Made is politically incorrect due to the amount of Foreign components inside of them ( Should be Constructed in the US not "made" ). Next time you take of the the cabinet sides have look :eek:

Joe De Medeiros
05-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Gary, you don't say where your from, I know here in the Great White North, the exchange plays a very big part in pricing, and since I got my machine the "Loonie" took a nose dive. In my case I was lucky to get my machine at par, it would have cost me 8% more if I had waited.