PDA

View Full Version : Saddest day of my life!!

Joe Pierce
05-23-2010, 7:53 PM
On May 8th, my wife died in a diving accident in North Carolina. She was 47 years old, and had a lot left to do in life. She loved diving, and was a fiber artist, spinning, weaving, knitting, and quilting. She had just started turning, she and I took a fiber tools class at Mark Supiks here in Baltimore. I have been a turner for several years, but most of what I turned was for her. It will be hard to get back in the shop!!

Steve Schlumpf
05-23-2010, 7:58 PM
Joe - my heart goes out to you in your loss! Warm thoughts and prayers sent to help you through this most difficult of times!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-23-2010, 8:06 PM
Joe,

My sincere condolences!

I can only imagine the pain you are experiencing.

My thoughts go out to you.

Todd Trebuna
05-23-2010, 8:12 PM
No words can express or explain or come close to comforting you during this incredibly sad time. I will lift my voice along with my brothers and pray for healing.

John Keeton
05-23-2010, 8:12 PM
Joe, one never knows what each day holds, and it sounds like your wife lived life to its fullest. This will be a difficult adjustment for you, but I am sure you have great memories. My prayers and thoughts are with you, and I hope you are able to work through the grieving process.

James Combs
05-23-2010, 8:25 PM
Joe, you have my prayers. I can not even imagine a similar lose. May God bless and comfort you.

Alan Tolchinsky
05-23-2010, 8:26 PM
Joe, I am so sorry for your sudden loss. May your memories of your time together bring you comfort during the coming days.

Toney Robertson
05-23-2010, 8:26 PM
Joe, I want to extend my sincere condolences.

Going back to the shop will be really tough but it might be good therapy whenever you feel that you can make the trip.

I wish you peace.

Toney

Aaron Wingert
05-23-2010, 8:27 PM
Joe I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. As a diver, a woodturner and a husband I can't imagine what you're going through. I would suggest that you find the strength to get back into the shop though when you're ready...As we all know some time to one's self in front of the lathe can be very therapeutic. All your friends at the creek are here for you and will have you in our thoughts and prayers.

David DeCristoforo
05-23-2010, 8:43 PM
It might sound weird but when my mother in law died, I was convinced that her sprit inhabited my shop. This feeling persisted for several years and whenever I went there I could feel her presence. I can't imagine what my life would be like if my wife/best friend/lover were gone but I can only hope that she would find a way to be with me anyway. Your wife will live on in your heart and doing the things you used to do together might provide you with a way to keep here there.

Nathan Hawkes
05-23-2010, 8:48 PM
Joe, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some peace and solace soon. I can't say I know how you feel, but I know the feelings you must be having. Please know we are sending prayers of strength and love for you and your family.

Dave Ray
05-23-2010, 8:50 PM
Joe, my sincere condolences. Like others have said I can't begin to imagine the pain in your heart. I hope and pray you find peace.

Harvey Ghesser
05-23-2010, 9:36 PM
I was so sorry to hear of your loss, Joe. I will keep you in my prayers...

patrick michael stein
05-23-2010, 9:44 PM
joe,

Iam so sorry to hear this .if i can do anything let me know .

sincerely,

patrick stein

Thomas Canfield
05-23-2010, 9:44 PM
Joe, I am sorry for your loss and the process you are going through. It is a difficult time. I hope that you can find the shop time to be theraputic and help to ease your pain. My shop has been the best therapy for me to get away from work when working, and now to keep me busy in retirement.

Curt Fuller
05-23-2010, 9:48 PM
Hang in there Joe. Your wife, being the great person she was, will surely want you to carry on.

Allen Neighbors
05-23-2010, 9:55 PM
Joe,
I cannot imagine... I can only offer my prayers... and that I will do.
Blessings to you,

Ernie Nyvall
05-23-2010, 10:13 PM
My sincere condolences Joe. Although I can see where it would be incredibly hard, from the way you describe her, it doesn't seem she would want you to stop. I wish you the best.

Ted Evans
05-23-2010, 10:20 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Joe, it would be a terrible loss for me also, God bless.

George Guadiane
05-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Joe,
It sounds like you love her still and admired her gifts and accomplishments. There are no people or words that will ease your pain, but, if you can, take some joy in having loved this much.
I am deeply sorry for your loss.

kenneth walker
05-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Joe my heart goes out to you. I also lost my wife in a car accident in 94 she was only 25 and I 29 so I know what you are feeling just go slow and time will heal your heart and loss take care god bless Ken

Cathy Schaewe
05-23-2010, 10:29 PM
I am so sorry -

Greg Just
05-23-2010, 10:33 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Joe, God bless.

Ian James Webster
05-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Joe,
There are no words to heal the pain in your heart but my prayers are with you. Hopefully, in time, the memories filling your workshop will become a source of comfort.

Matt Ranum
05-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours in this time of need.:(

Jeff Dorlan
05-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Joe, words can do little to ease your pain. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Take your time. Honor your wife and her life. Time will bring peace to you. You will carry on, and make your wife proud. You have my prayers and best wishes. Take care of yourself.

Brian Kent
05-23-2010, 11:05 PM
I join all of your other friends here in offering my prayers for you and the long journey ahead. Thank you for honoring us by talking about this at the creek. I really hope at the right time that your workshop can be one part of your healing.

Brian

Steve Vaughan
05-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Joe, I too am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers shall be with you. And, along with others, I hope that, given some time, you'll be able to get back into the shop and turn in her honor and memory. Perhaps not now, but it can become a real source of peace, strength, and comfort.

Eric Howard
05-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Dear Joe,

I am new to the Creek but not to the pains of life. Having lost my wife to cancer, age 37, I know the pain of it. My prayer for you is that the peace of God that surpasses all understanding be your now and forever.

Gary Herrmann
05-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Oh, Joe. My thoughts are with you. Think about your wife's spirit and what she would want you to do.

Russell Johnson
05-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers tonight.

Ken Hill
05-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Your family is in our prayers.

Joshua Dinerstein
05-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Oh man. You have my deepest condolences. I can't even begin to imagine your pain. I have only been married for about 2 years after having waited 39 years to get married the first time. Even in that short time I couldn't imagine my life without my wife. I will join so many others in praying for peace for you in regards to your loss.

Joshua

George Morris
05-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Joe sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose your soul mate. Will say a prayer for both of you! G

Dave MacArthur
05-24-2010, 3:16 AM
My deepest condolences, I know I can't imagine your pain and loss... Just reading about it has shocked me, having just taken my 47yo diver LOML to see a lathe for the first time today. When my grandfather died, I found in time that spending time in places we'd been together, and doing the things we'd done together, gave me peace and a sense of closeness to him.

My prayers go out for you.

Joe Little
05-24-2010, 5:42 AM
Joe, I am so sorry for your loss and cannot imagine the pain you feel.

Roland Martin
05-24-2010, 6:35 AM
My sincere condolences Joe. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through these tough times.

Bonnie Campbell
05-24-2010, 6:51 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I do understand how hard it is, I lost my husband 16 months ago. Be kind to yourself and take care of your health. Go at your own speed in the healing process. As hard as it is at times to talk about the one we lost, it IS good therapy.

James Almasy
05-24-2010, 7:20 AM
I think Bonnie said it well . My sincere condolences to you and your family on your loss .

Jeff Nicol
05-24-2010, 7:24 AM
Joe, We all here at SMC are a huge extended family for all who seek knowledge and information. But in times like this, that break the hearts of many and bring tears to my eyes, we are here for you whenever you need a ear to bend or a shoulder to cry on.

May God bless you and hold you abit tighter until the pain of such a loss subsides. The memories will never fade of the love you shared with her.

Stay strong my friend,

Jeff

steven carter
05-24-2010, 8:10 AM
Joe,

Tenneyson said it:

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

The magnitude of your loss reflects the deepness of your love for your wife. I pray that the memories of that love will sustain you in your time of need.

Steve

John Shuk
05-24-2010, 8:54 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. I too am a long time diver; this really hits home. I just hope you can hang in there.

Chris Zeigler
05-24-2010, 9:55 AM
Joe,
I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing that there are many of us thinking and praying for you.

Chris

Jack Riley
05-24-2010, 9:55 AM
Joe there is a wonderful program offered by our church as well as churches all across the country dealing with the loss of a spouse, child, or parent. Our program is led by a couple who each lost their spouse. Three of my brothers and one sister have all lost their spouse much too early in life. I promise you a program such as Grief Share will help you. The prayers of my family will be with you!

Sid Matheny
05-24-2010, 11:02 AM
My thoughts and prayers go with you in this sad time in your life. My wife fell and broke her hip in my shop last Monday and that in itself was enough sadness. Don't know what I would do without her.

Best wishes,

Sid

Doug Thompson
05-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Joe, this breaks my heart to read... God will never give you more than you can handle...

Tony De Masi
05-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Joe, the most sincere condolences from my wife and I.

Tony

jeremy levine
05-24-2010, 12:20 PM
My heart goes out to you. So sorry

Ray Bell
05-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Nothing I can say that others haven't already said. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this terrible time. Hang in there my friend, and eventually all of the memories will be good.

Rob Cunningham
05-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Joe, I cannot begin to imagine the pain and sorrow you are feeling from such a tragic loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Jim Underwood
05-24-2010, 1:21 PM
Joe,
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Pete Jordan
05-24-2010, 3:10 PM
My prayers are with you!
Pete

John W Dixon
05-24-2010, 5:28 PM
Joe, I too am sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

John

paul cottingham
05-24-2010, 6:11 PM
Joe, words are never enough. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mike Turner
05-24-2010, 6:48 PM
Joe ,
My thoughts and prayers to you during this time...No one can know what you are going through. Praying for you...
Sincerely, Mike

Rich Aldrich
05-24-2010, 7:26 PM
I am sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I just can't imagine what you are going through.

Ron Jones near Indy
05-24-2010, 7:45 PM
I am sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Brodie Brickey
05-24-2010, 7:59 PM
Joe,

My deepest condolences.

Paul McGaha
05-24-2010, 9:14 PM
Joe,

I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss.

We will include you in our thoughts and prayers.

I live not too far from you if there is anything I can do.

PHM

Reginald Burgess
05-24-2010, 9:17 PM
Please let me add my sincere condolences on such a painful loss. May God bless you and your families. You are in my prayers.

Don Rogers
05-24-2010, 9:48 PM
Joe,

I can't imagine what you are going through but I believe time will help you heal. My best advice is to try to keep your mind occupied with other things as much as you can.

Best of luck to you.

DonR

Joe Adams
05-24-2010, 10:32 PM
May God comfort you and your loved ones in this difficult time.

Vince Welch
05-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Joe,

I am very sorry to hear of your wife's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Vince

Mark Burge
05-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Joe, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

John McCaskill
05-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Joe, the loss of a loved one is hard, and you have my condolences. Many here have expressed it better than I can, but know that we are here for you.

Regards

John

Mark Hubl
05-25-2010, 3:11 PM
Joe,

My condolences on to you and your family. You will be in our prayers.

Brent Ring
05-25-2010, 5:46 PM
My Condolences as well!

David H Parker
05-25-2010, 6:21 PM
Joe,

While we have never met, I am truly sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

David

Tim McClelland
05-25-2010, 9:06 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you in prayer and pray that you will find comfort in the days, weeks, months to come as you remember all the good times and how she loved life. God bless you my friend.

Steve Kubien
05-26-2010, 6:21 PM
47 years old...that's just not right. I am so sorry.

Nick Mastropietro
05-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Joe, I have taken the time to read every post in this thread and have been overwhelmed by the magnitude of care and sympathy for you and your loved ones in light of your loss. No words that we have offered will remove the heaviness of heart that you are experiencing, but the God that gives life has words of life. The body is mortal but the soul lives on eternal. The Gospel of John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. I know the words of God can comfort where the words of men fail. My prayer is that the peace of God would be with you.

Respectfully

Joe Pierce
05-27-2010, 2:08 PM
I would like to thank everyone for their words of support, and their prayers. It has helped a lot, even though I do not know most of you, everyone was still supportive and caring. It says a lot about the character of the people on this forum.

Joe