PDA

View Full Version : Safety Supply Source

Kevin Arceneaux
11-22-2004, 4:43 PM
I found a new source for safety supplies - respirators and such.

Airgas Safety - www.airgas.com. I have compared prices with my other sources and they are consistently below for the same items. They are based out of Germantown, WI, with distrubution warehouses in different places.

Ted Shrader
11-22-2004, 5:09 PM
Kevin -

Thanks for the info. Always good to broaden the base. Especially with a recommendation instead of a "cold call".

Ted

Kevin Arceneaux
11-22-2004, 5:34 PM
No problem. As a Safety Manager for a Utility, I get a LOT of catalogues from safety supply companies. I usually go through and compare the items we order the most. Most of the time the prices are the same or only a few cents cheaper, not enough to make it worth my time to change vendors. In this one the difference is measured in dollars, plus I get a discount on the cat price and I have my own account rep. This will make my cheapo boss happy. :)

The nice thing is I can get things for myself at the same prices. I really need to get my wife her own respirator.

Charles McKinley
11-23-2004, 5:52 PM
This is where I bought my safety glasses with the perscription inserts. The glasses are $5.50 and the insert is $5. I also get my oxygen and other welding suppies from their local store.

John Shuk
11-23-2004, 6:36 PM
Another good source is American First Aid or ZEE Medical. I worked for an AFA franchisee and they tend to be less expensive but ZEE is more widespread. Products for both are the same and are of excellent quality. The Band Aids are top notch. Usually if a guy is in your area they will deliver for free. Both are in the yellow pages try first aid supplies.