PDA

View Full Version : ridgid vs. delta vs. PC bandsaws

Dustin Irby
05-22-2010, 9:16 PM
I'm looking for some guidance on which of these machines folks think would be the best saw. I'm looking at the Ridgid, Delta and PC band saws offered at the big box stores. Are any of them better than the other. I've also considered the Grizzly G0555, but I think I can get these other saws a lot cheaper with some gift cards and then upgrade with new guides, fence, riser etc. I'd love to hear any guidance you all have.

Van Huskey
05-22-2010, 9:24 PM
I'm looking for some guidance on which of these machines folks think would be the best saw. I'm looking at the Ridgid, Delta and PC band saws offered at the big box stores. Are any of them better than the other. I've also considered the Grizzly G0555, but I think I can get these other saws a lot cheaper with some gift cards and then upgrade with new guides, fence, riser etc. I'd love to hear any guidance you all have.

I looked at these recently more for just info than anything else. The PC and Delta I looked at side by side and for me the PC was a MUCH nicer saw with signficantly better fit and finsh also. From a functional point of view the PC has a stronger motor and when you see them side by side t dwarfs the Delta's. The Rigid I place just above the Delta, power is the same but with better fit and finish. I am not a fan of exposed motors either. If the price was the similar I would get the PC. You can search for PC Delta Bandsaw and you should get my post comparing them and I make reference to the G0555 as well.

Bottom line with a Kreg fence and Carter guides you can have a pretty nice bandsaw wth a low buy in price that you can build on.