PDA

View Full Version : Met Swamp Logger Bobby Goodson today

Perry Holbrook
05-22-2010, 7:56 PM
As I mentioned earlier in the drop cord thread, I'm in Richmond this week exhibiting at a forestry/logging trade show (my part time job is setting up the booth for a major construction equipment company). I enjoy watching the TV show "Swamp Loggers" and hoped that Tiger Cat may invite Bobby Goodson to sign autographs in their booth so I could get one for my father.

When I arrived at the show this afternoon to tear down the booth, Eddie, the Tiger Cat set up guy told me that Bobby had indeed shown up about an hour earlier and signed until the show ended, but had just left. I walked back to our booth disappointed.

About 20 minutes later I looked up and Eddie was bringing Bobby Goodson into the booth to meet me. I've got to say I have met few men that was as humble and likeable as Bobby Goodson. He stood there for about 10 minutes and talked like an old friend. He answered all my questions as if he was enjoying it, although I'm sure he has heard them many times. Talked about his family values. Just a very pleasant conversation and one that he didn't have to take the time for.

It sure is nice meeting nice people.

Perry

BTW my father is going to love his new autoghaphed cap.

Jason Roehl
05-22-2010, 9:07 PM
Pretty cool. I just watched a couple recorded episodes of that show today. He's no celebrity, just a hard-working American who loves his family and his work, and he sure comes off as being pretty humble, which is why I like watching the show (that and all the cool equipment they get to drive in the mud...)

John Daugherty
05-22-2010, 9:31 PM
I agree with all the above mentioned and would add that every other word isn't a beeped out curse word.

Rick Davidson
05-22-2010, 9:56 PM
Every time I watch the show I say to myself that is a guy I wouldn't mind working for. He just seems like a great guy.

Tom Winship
05-23-2010, 6:16 PM
I like Bobby also because they don't have to beep every other word like they do on some of the other competitive shows. He does have values.