PDA

View Full Version : Sandpaper?

David Warkentin
05-22-2010, 3:39 PM
I was sanding on the latest segmented bowl today and I realized that I need more. I bought the starter kit from Craft Supplies of that purple 3M Cubitron. It cuts really good and lasts a good long while. But when you pull it off and get dust on it the sticky isn't so sticky any more. So I want to change to hook and loop. Where do most of you get them at? David

Curt Fuller
05-22-2010, 3:49 PM
Well, I'm one that also uses the purple PSA sanding discs and I like them much better than hook and loop. To clean the pad, just put a little acetone on a paper towel and wipe it clean. The adhesive is on the disc, what gets on the pad and gets dust in it comes off the disc. Clean it with the acetone and it's like brand new again.

David Warkentin
05-22-2010, 4:01 PM
What I mean is you sand a little bit with 180 and change to 220 then the barely used 180 gets a little dust on it and its shot. Don't like that.:D

Harvey Ghesser
05-22-2010, 4:16 PM
Vince's Woodnwonders. Great quality, great prices.

David Warkentin
05-22-2010, 4:58 PM
You use the gold line? David

David Warkentin
05-22-2010, 5:42 PM
I cannot tell if the gold line is hook and loop or not. David

Steve Schlumpf
05-22-2010, 6:01 PM
I also use Vince - and use the Blue Flex discs. They are hook & loop and work great!

http://www.vinceswoodnwonders.com/Blue_Flex_Discs.htm

Harlan Coverdale
05-22-2010, 6:32 PM
Vince's Woodnwonders. Great quality, great prices.

I also use Vince - and use the Blue Flex discs. They are hook & loop and work great!

http://www.vinceswoodnwonders.com/Blue_Flex_Discs.htm

Same here. Blue disks from Vince. Great price, product and service.

David Warkentin
05-22-2010, 6:36 PM
Just placed my order! Thanks, David

Reed Gray
05-23-2010, 12:33 PM
I also use the blue discs from Vince. Best deal for the money. I haven't tried the 3M discs. I just can't understand why they are only available in PSA (pressure sensative adhesive. If you use them, you need a pad for each grit (only up to 220 I think) so it doesn't get dust on it. I did try the Dry Ice ceramic discs from Norton, which are about 2 1/2 times the price of Vinces discs, and got identical wear results on two sets of Myrtle wood bowls.

robo hippy

Dave Ogren
05-23-2010, 1:16 PM
Another vote for Vince's. He will also talk with you on the phone and help you fix a problem. His is not sandpaper, it is on Mylar (indestructable). I am really pleased with his quality Prices and service.

Dave