PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Skaggs is now Famous!!!!

John Weber
11-22-2004, 2:40 PM
Holy Cow Batman, I go to the mail today and see the first issue of the new WoodCraft Magazine, and what is there but a 6 page article about Tommy Skaggs. It's right before the David Marks article, but they both got 6 pages. Now Tommy didn't mention me as his mentor, but I'll let that slide this time. Congrats Tommy, nice job.

John

AJ Hamler
11-22-2004, 2:47 PM
Maybe that mentor thing got edited out ... <g>

A.J.

Jack Hogoboom
11-22-2004, 3:08 PM
John,

How's the magazine? I've been looking forward to receiving mine. It sure looks good from the advertising. Do tell!!

Jack

Ted Shrader
11-22-2004, 4:38 PM
Jack -

Didn't subscribe on the initial offering. Saw it in the store this weekend. Didn't buy this issue. Looks a lot like the others - sort of a cross between {Wood/Am Woodworker} and {Woodsmith/Shopnotes}. May buy it in single copies if there is an article that generate some interest.

Regards,
Ted

Ted

Jim Young
11-22-2004, 8:02 PM
Tommy in a magazine, wow. I haven't heard of his name for quite some time, feel so out of touch these days. I need to go pick up the mag.

John Weber
11-24-2004, 1:44 PM
Jack,

The Magazine looks very good, projects, woodworker bios, nicely done, and not a big ad for WoodCraft. On the downside, I'm a bit off magazines, and even considering not renewing Fine Woodworking. It just seems I don't read the mags like I use to. I also get Wood which has a year or 2 left. I think WoodCraft is a fine magazine, and wouldn't have any problem with a subscription, it's just I'm not as much of an avid reader as I once was.

John

Pete Harbin
11-28-2004, 1:52 AM
Got my copy yesterday, and read the article on Tom today. Pretty cool! :D

The magazine looks promising. It's a first issue, so I think it will develop more as readers give input and start making contributions.

I was bummed to get a postcard a couple of weeks ago informing me that they would not be producing Woodworking (the B&W one with NO adds) on a subscription basis. I was looking forward to that one. They did note that they would be publishing a couple of issues for newstands next year, but that there wasn't enough interest expressed to go forward with a full subscriber based publication.

Pete