PDA

View Full Version : oscillating gloat

Roger Eihausen
11-22-2004, 1:16 PM
Hey, just got a EB4424 Ridgid oscillating edge belt/spindle sander.
Tried it out yesterday, what a nice machine.
It should help with all curves on these folding chairs I,m building.
Just thought I would share the good news .
Rog :)

Ted Shrader
11-22-2004, 1:22 PM
Roger -

Congrats!

The new sander will definitely help with the curves on the chairs you are building. Any tool justification is a good tool justification.

Ted

Dave Moran
11-22-2004, 6:45 PM
Roger, I have had one for a couple of years, the gray one, I would have never thought that I would use the belt sander on it so often. While I am a Delta guy in a lot of cases, I think Delta missed the boat by not having an adjustable table on their boss. This was my main reason for the Ridgid but I am quite happy with it, and really use the belt sander often. My local orange big box does not carry the sanding sleves for it, you may want to check on that before you get caught in the middle of a project and have to get on line to order. If you get a sleve that is tight, once you get it off, use a little baby powder on the rubber, it helps.

Robert Grady
11-22-2004, 7:26 PM
I was thinking about buying one of these. Is that not a standard size belt on it??

John Miliunas
11-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Good for you, Roger! :) I've had my gray one for a couple years now and can honestly say that it sure do come in handy! Don't use the belt part since I got the Jet belt/disc sander, but the spindle sander is nice. :) Have fun with it! :cool:

Ray Dockrey
11-23-2004, 9:12 AM
Robert,

It is a standard 4 x 24 belt. What they are talking about is the sanding sleeves when you are using it as a drum sander. Home Depot does not carry the sleeves any more so you have to look to other sources for the sleeves. I believe Klingspor has sleeves that fit and you can order them off their website. What Dave is saying is if the sleeves are a little tight, a little baby powder in the sleeve helps them slide on easier. I have the newer orange one and I use it more then I thought I would. I pretty much just use the sanding belt.

Robert Grady
11-23-2004, 7:02 PM
Thanks Ray

Bob Worrel Jr.
11-23-2004, 7:39 PM
Gee...If I only knew what it looks like. hint, hint.

good luck with the new tool