PDA

View Full Version : Better bags for Jet 1100 dust collector?

Russ Jensen
05-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Hello - Am looking to see if anyone has upgraded the bags on their Jet DC-1100. The bags on it are 30 micron (I think) which is better than nothing. Also has kind of a crummy seal so it actually "belches" a little dust on startup

Just curious if anyone else has come up with a good solution,

Thanks!!

John Cady
05-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Wood magazine had an article regarding replacement filters a year or 2 back. One of the reported better performers was a replacement upper-filter from American Filter Fabrics. The filter/bag is manufactured to your specs and a heavy-plastic bag can be used as the bottom collector.

I bought one and did notice a difference, much cleaner (less leakage from the bag) and a little better suction.

IIRC approx. $120

John

Cary Falk
05-21-2010, 9:07 AM
I had and oversized needle felt bag I got from Rockler on mine. I now have a Grizzly cannister filter and a plastic bag on the bottom.

glenn bradley
05-21-2010, 9:15 AM
Oversized American Fabric Filter on my little 1HP unit improved it so much I kept it after the cyclone was installed.

Dave Gaul
05-21-2010, 9:21 AM
If it were me, I would go with a canister filter from wynn environmental or a bag from american fabric filter...

Curt Harms
05-21-2010, 9:37 AM
I have the Wynn cartridge filter on a PSI "2 H.P." DC. I would strongly suggest installing the Thien baffle if you go with a cartridge. Without the baffle, the cartridge filter will clog up pretty quickly and cartridge filters are NOT easy to get really clean. I still get some fine dust in my cartridge filter with the Thien baffle but there's far less of it, and virtually no chips or shavings. I went with the higher priced Wynn filter which is 100% spun bond, not a paper blend. The advantage of the 100% spun bond is you can wash it out. This is the only cartridge filter I'm aware of that can be washed out. For anyone who washes out a Wynn filter, Wynn recommends letting it dry for about 2 days depending on how good drying conditions are.

Russ Jensen
05-22-2010, 6:11 PM
Thanks all! I'll do some research based on your suggestions - much appreciated.

Jerome Stanek
05-22-2010, 7:17 PM
penn state should have a 1 micron bag to fit