PDA

View Full Version : Plywood Model Pricing?

Jacob Briscoe
05-20-2010, 3:09 PM
I have a potential customer who builds wooden railroad models. I don't have too many details right now, other than he needs about 8-10, 4x5ish" 3D buildings. Each one is a little bit different. Some of the sides have windows and doors etc... I know we can do it with our machine, but I have no idea where to even begin on pricing. I was hoping someone with a little more expertise could give me a ballpark pricing number, or possibly direct me to a website that could help me out. Thank You in advance for any feedback!

Joe Pelonio
05-20-2010, 3:35 PM
The closest I have done to this is furniture models for a design student. I had her provide the wood (1/8" Baltic Birch) and the priced it at my hourly rate for actual setup and run time. I did a sample for timing to give an estimate and found that her software files from Solidworks didn't work becuse she had not changed them from 3D to 2D, and ended up charging her for additional time to help her figure out how to do that. There were some curved pieces that required scoring (partial vector cuts) that added time to the jobs.