PDA

View Full Version : question for PM2000 owners

Zach England
05-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I am thinking about upgrading my Jet saw to a PM2000, but it would need to fit down a very tight stairway. I had to completely disassemble the Jet to get it down there. When I look at the PM it has a bulge around the bottom of the cabinet and this worries me. Can someone with a newer pm2000 do me a favor and measure around the bottom, or otherwise what is the biggest part of the cabinet after as much dis-assembly as possible? I just want to know if this is possible for me without taking out a wall.

Thanks.

Jeff Monson
05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Zach I dont think the base is any wider than the top with the wings removed....I'll measure when I get home tonight and give you a confirmation though.

Van Huskey
05-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Sorry double post, thought I lost this one and the second one makes more sense anyway.

Van Huskey
05-20-2010, 12:55 PM
I am thinking about upgrading my Jet saw to a PM2000, but it would need to fit down a very tight stairway. I had to completely disassemble the Jet to get it down there. When I look at the PM it has a bulge around the bottom of the cabinet and this worries me. Can someone with a newer pm2000 do me a favor and measure around the bottom, or otherwise what is the biggest part of the cabinet after as much dis-assembly as possible? I just want to know if this is possible for me without taking out a wall.

Thanks.

The base is 23.5" wide by 31.25" deep WITH the DC chute. The top is 22 X 30.5 so the base is the largest dimention in both directions due to the dust collection chute and bottom "bluge". The arbor raise and tilt shafts MAY add 1/4" or so but I did not remove the handles. Obviously the 23.5" max width is with the arbor tilted to 45 deg and the motor cover off.