PDA

View Full Version : SMC Pix Police Raid Wisconsin Home

Tyler Howell
11-21-2004, 10:06 PM
SMC Pix Police Raid home out side Spring Green WI. This pleasant home on three acres was suspected to be the source many unreported gloats and priceless projects . The Jack booted thug code name "Soggy Bottom" rushed the house to find project after creative project that hasn't graced the pages of SMC forum.
Operative Bottom visited the house earlier this year to do surveillance and plan for this major assault.
The crime seen included a completely renovated bath, 2 completed bed rooms, and great inroads on a kitchen, dining room and 2 dens. The suspect has two highly talented accomplices that helped in the perpetration of these crimes.
The Law's the law.
Behind every successful man is a woman and in this case our friend John Milliunas has two charming and highly skilled ladies working with him to renovate their new home in Lone Rock. I was amazed at how much they have accomplished in the short time they have been there. It was about this time last year they were getting ready to move to this location.
Through out their home are wonderfully executed creations that blend industrial antiquity and wood working skills with unique auction finds. (They Do Neat stuff)
Jill and I share a fondness for antiques and she has some great collectables tastefully displayed.
I sat down to a wonderful home cooked meal and all kinds of home remodeling adventures.
I could truly commiserate with John, Jill and Casey on the joys :rolleyes: of older homes.
John and I talked shop, I eagerly took mental notes on methods of work, then pushed him a little closer to the edge of the Neanderthal slippery slope.
He loaded me up with a lifetime worth of #400 lapping sandpaper and I headed to the other side of Cheeseville.

Did a little antiquing on the way down. Was directed to a couple shops by other shop owners and fellow Neander students.
I scored this # 4 Bailey smoother and a Bedrock 605c that look to be in good shape and well cared for.
The Neander course was worth the investment alone for I-Ding quality users .

Thanks Jill, John and Casey for your wonderful hospitality. (He's been holding out on us folks).

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=14007

Jerry Olexa
11-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Tyler, that is a well written, complete and enjoyable post. Sounds like you guys had an interesting and rewarding time together. And the bonus, Tyler was the "haul" of the planes you acquired on your trip back.We all knew it was the feminine side of John's family doing all the important stuff.. Anyway, a meeting like this again demonstrates the "humaness" of this forum compared to others. However, John , in spite of his warm hospitality and excellent work displayed must , nevertheless, be punished for not showing us his hidden projects. I would think 1 week of no shop visits or watching WW shows would suffice. Tyler, I really enjoyed your post. Thanks.Jerry

Lee Schierer
11-22-2004, 10:13 AM
I think the Pix police are with holding evidence. That was a nice report, but where's the evidence? We want to see pictures, not just read a stealth gloat about hand planes. :D

John Miliunas
11-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Aw heck, Tyler! You're overstating my accomplishments in this whole mess and besides, I've posted pics of the main/major stuff already! Not my fault you haven't looked at all of them! :eek: :D

You are right about the "creative" thing, though. Both of my girls have an artistic flair and I usually just end up being the "grunt"! :) That's OK...I have the brains and the brawn and they have the artsy and pretty stuff going. Well, OK...I at least have the brawn! :o

Those planes he brought over, BTW, looked to be really nice! Maybe one of these years, once I learn what to look for, I may even try to score a couple. For the time being, I'll just be happy to get my chisels back into shape and learn the care and feeding of the ones I'm getting and, thanks to that great lapping plate, I may be able to do it! (Any good book recommended on sharpening such non-electron-using items?)

Yup, LOML is a good "cooker", as she like to say it. But, the pleasure was all ours! It was a blast having you over and, seeing as to how you're going through all the repair/remodel stuff, as well, makes me feel a bit less guilty about boring you with the subject! :) It really was fun BUT, you make any more suggestions/comments to LOML about that dern Mall of America and you're toast! :D

OK Jerry, I'll take the 1 week of no WW shows, but you keep me out of the shop for a week, YOU will need to answer to SWMBO over here! :eek: :eek: "Shop time" in recent months simply equates to stuff getting done for house projects. I don't think Jill would be too happy about that and I *WOULD* point at YOU!!! :D :cool:

Jerry Olexa
11-22-2004, 2:51 PM
John, under these unusual circumstances, I will, with Tyler's permission, grant access to the shop to continue your projects BUT no WWing TV shows. Tyler, please approve. Anyway, John, the pack won again thanks to St Bret and life is good. WW privileges are hereby reinstated. :)

John Miliunas
11-22-2004, 2:57 PM
John, under these unusual circumstances, I will, with Tyler's permission, grant access to the shop to continue your projects BUT no WWing TV shows. Tyler, please approve. Anyway, John, the pack won again thanks to St Bret and life is good. WW privileges are hereby reinstated. :)

AWRIGHT! Thanks, Jerry! :D "St. Brett" is right! Sheeesh...I had to keep checking the channel to be sure it was Nationally syndicated and not a local commentator. It was "Brett this..." and "Brett that..." throughout most of the program! :) Win, lose or draw, I think that guy has brought a lot to this fair state of ours and football as a whole! I think Vince would be proud of him! :) :cool:

glenn bradley
01-20-2007, 7:53 PM
It appears John has roped our beloved Tyler into his evil plans. I'm sure Tyler was forced at chisel-point to write the guilt-assuaging essay posted here. Had this been an actual emergency you would have been directed to tune into your local channel to see the pics.

Thanks for the report Tyler and the smiles!!!

Jim Becker
01-20-2007, 9:13 PM
Um...Glenn...this thread was from November 2004. ;)

Tyler Howell
01-20-2007, 10:28 PM
That's OK Glenn, Nice reminder of a great time.
I think I have to make another raid. John's been pretty quiet lately.:rolleyes: :D

Jim Dunn
01-20-2007, 11:37 PM
First time I've seen it. Course I thought Tyler went to John's for a lathe course:)

John Miliunas
01-20-2007, 11:38 PM
That's OK Glenn, Nice reminder of a great time.
I think I have to make another raid. John's been pretty quiet lately.:rolleyes: :D

Bring it on, Bro! Love to have you over again. :D :cool:

Jerry Olexa
02-08-2007, 10:52 PM
What are you boys up to?? 2004 to 2007? It lives again...

Tim Morton
02-09-2007, 12:41 AM
aside from some fancy shoe horns....i see NO pix in this thread....can we please stick to the ROE and post some pictures!!!!

please:D

Dennis Peacock
02-09-2007, 7:51 AM
I'm with you Tim.....Even though it's an old thread? No Pix means it really didn't happen!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Sometimes it's just nice to read something from that far back. I sure need to make a trip to Spring's place one day. ;)

John Miliunas
02-09-2007, 9:16 AM
Hey gang! Yeah, it IS fun to look back and see how much or even how little has changed. I've gone full-circle in my health, from death-bed to being in better shape than I've been in 15 or 20 years! I'm now a grandfather and weigh about 60 lbs. less than I did back then.:) Since this original thread, I've seen a different lathe enter the shop, as well as different jointer and planer. Hand tools have become pretty much a part (at least in some little way) of every flat project I do. I've had the distinct privilege of meeting a fair number of Creekers in person and was fortunate in being an active participant in the abyseration of Mr. Howell and Mr. Chaffee, as well as a bit more indirectly with Ken. Let's not forget one of the major highlights of my lifetime, that being an awesome vacation in SoCal, courtesy of my friend Mark Singer! :D I've seen the membership of the Creek skyrocket and the amount of talent out here increase exponentially. Itty Bitty and Bonker contests. Fund drives. Countless acts of good will and sharing. :)

Hard to even keep up with all that's happened in the last couple+ years but, I can say with all sincerity, I'm overjoyed that the Creek and its members played a major role in the health and welfare of my own being. It's still the greatest place to hang on the Net!!! :D Thanks for the memories, Jerry! (Oh, and the rest of you, too!:D ) You know, it just don't get any better than this! Period!!! :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
02-09-2007, 9:25 AM
Hey gang! Yeah, it IS fun to look back and see how much or even how little has changed. I've gone full-circle in my health, from death-bed to being in better shape than I've been in 15 or 20 years! I'm now a grandfather and weigh about 60 lbs. less than I did back then.:) Since this original thread, I've seen a different lathe enter the shop, as well as different jointer and planer. Hand tools have become pretty much a part (at least in some little way) of every flat project I do. I've had the distinct privilege of meeting a fair number of Creekers in person and was fortunate in being an active participant in the abyseration of Mr. Howell and Mr. Chaffee, as well as a bit more indirectly with Ken. Let's not forget one of the major highlights of my lifetime, that being an awesome vacation in SoCal, courtesy of my friend Mark Singer! :D I've seen the membership of the Creek skyrocket and the amount of talent out here increase exponentially. Itty Bitty and Bonker contests. Fund drives. Countless acts of good will and sharing. :)

Hard to even keep up with all that's happened in the last couple+ years but, I can say with all sincerity, I'm overjoyed that the Creek and its members played a major role in the health and welfare of my own being. It's still the greatest place to hang on the Net!!! :D Thanks for the memories, Jerry! (Oh, and the rest of you, too!:D ) You know, it just don't get any better than this! Period!!! :) :cool:

Somebody please hand him a towel before he has to replace his keyboard!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

You're right John.....and you are one of the personalities that make the Creek.....the Creek!