PDA

View Full Version : LED Lights

Kasey Maxwell
05-18-2010, 7:53 PM
I'm working on an acrylic engraving project, I'm looking for a source for LED lights to illuminate the acrylic from the bottom, I was hoping for maybe a string of LED lights in various lengths or LED lights that can be snapped together to make the lengths needed, (not sure if that exists or not) either AC or DC would be fine, inexpensive but not total junk :D !

Thank you.......

Keith Outten
05-18-2010, 8:30 PM
Kasey,

Search our Friends of The Creek Directory for LED.

Kasey Maxwell
05-18-2010, 8:35 PM
so I can cut that into 3 LED sections, what would I use for power, I'd need to get a power adapter? This is for an acrylic frame to be made in multiples and sold so I'd need it quite easy for me to assemble. Do they make something just like that to run off a 9 volt ? That would be perfect !

Thanks

Kasey Maxwell
05-18-2010, 9:18 PM
that all came up with the same site, automotive........:(

Dan Hintz
05-19-2010, 5:53 AM
Kasey,

I don't sell any frames, but I can make the boards work with 9V (in fact, they may already work with 9V as they're current controlled, not voltage controlled). If you need extra lead length, just let me know, and I'll skip the acrylic tube since you don't need it. The maximum single board length is 12" long, but if you order shorter boards I need to add the appropriate components so each one is properly controlled (the current control components are only at the beginning of each board). I can make them as long as you want by combining boards...

Dan

AL Ursich
05-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Not sure what happened to my post from yesterday but search eBay for "Reel LED" and you will find the rolls of LED Tape. You can cut every 3 LED's and power from a simple Radio Shack 12 Volt DC Transformer for the solid color stuff. They do have RGB with a controller that can change color.

AL

Vaughan Raymond
05-19-2010, 1:36 PM
Through this board, I found some led bases at Decor and After. They worked great and the price was right.