PDA

View Full Version : Auction Donations..... it is finished!

Robert McGowen
05-17-2010, 7:47 PM
I just wanted to start a new thread and say thank you to everyone that donated to the Amberlyn Fett Benefit Auction to help defray expenses for a double lung transplant. Amberlyn has been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks but hopes to be released tomorrow just in time to attend the benefit. The members of Sawmill Creek went above and beyond with their donations and they were very well received. I know that the family appreciates it and so do I. Thank you! Robert

P.S. I donated the curly maple piece that has the walnut collar with the star pattern on the top of it. It is located on the back of the table towards the middle. I didn't want you guys to think that I just sat around opening the mailbox! :)

Steve Schlumpf
05-17-2010, 8:13 PM
Robert - thanks for the photo of the final setup! Hope everything does well and that SMC as a group makes a difference for Amberlyn!

Have fun at the auction! Thanks for putting all this together!

John Keeton
05-17-2010, 8:15 PM
Certainly a nice grouping of SMC donations!! And, nice work on your piece, Robert.

Hope it goes well, and produces some much needed financial assistance to a worthy family.

Bill Wyko
05-17-2010, 9:59 PM
This is the first I heard about this. when is the auction? The contributions are beautiful.

David E Keller
05-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the photo, Robert. Nice looking piece that you made. I hope the turnings bring in a fortune for the young lady.

Baxter Smith
05-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the pictures. It was great of you to do this and thats a great looking piece you made!

Bernie Weishapl
05-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks for sharing Robert. Looks like SMC came thru nicely.

Scott Hackler
05-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the group shot Robert. I hope the auction brings is a boat load of dough for Amberlyn. Glad to help and let us know how the auction goes.:)

We definitely have some talented donors present.

PS, who did the ribbon form? I would like a detail explanation on how that is done.... :)

Doug W Swanson
05-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks for doing this!

Keep us posted on the items. I have never sold any of my works yet (but I have donated a few to fundraisers). It'll will be interesting to see how much is raised.

I enjoy turning a lot and I also enjoy helping others!

Doug

Richard Madison
05-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Nice work on your piece Robert. Think I see some alignment issues though. Just kidding about the alignment. Maybe you could post it by itself when you get a chance?

Jeff Nicol
05-18-2010, 7:04 AM
Robert, It is wonderful to see all the donations in one place! I hope it all sells/sold for lots of money! Great causes like this make me even more proud of the country we live in!

Great works by all, and Robert your efforts will be rewarded!

Jeff

Tony De Masi
05-18-2010, 8:54 AM
Thanks again for taking this on Robert. I'm sure the family appreciates this more than you know.

Tony

steven carter
05-18-2010, 9:42 AM
Robert,

Great to see the group photo, thanks for all your hard work putting this together, I hope the auction does really well. It was a pleasure to be able to contribute.

Steve

Pete Jordan
05-18-2010, 10:38 AM
You are a good guy, Robert!

Thanks for doing this!

Kirk Miller
05-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Robert,
You have touched many hearts with this. I know the coordinaters of th benafit must have tingles when they see all the donations. I know for certain all the contributers have a smile on thei face and a spring in their step knowing they have helped such a worthy cause. Congrats to everyone.

Richard Madison
05-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Scott, Since no one responded to your question I will comment. Basic ribbon forms are made by turning two or more identical compound stave, bottomless bowls with a slope or cone angle of 45 degrees. The bowls are then bandsawed into halves (or even quarters) and reassembled into more interesting shapes. Beyond that one can use multiple bowl sizes and multiple slope angles. The possibilities are endless and truly mind boggling. For an excellent tutorial on this and many aspects of segmented and stave turning suggest purchase of Malcolm's "The Art of Segmented Woodturning".