PDA

View Full Version : Machined Contractor's Saw pulleys

Will Boulware
05-17-2010, 4:19 PM
I'm having trouble finding machined pulleys for my Craftsman contractors saw. Ordered some from InLine Industries, waited a few weeks, emailed them about it, they replied that they'd send another set, I've waited another week now and still nothing. Also, they no longer stock the link belt I needed. Got one from HF though.

As for said machined pulleys, I'm kind of fed up here. Anybody else had the same problem lately? Is there another source for quality machined contractor's saw pulleys?

Thanks in advance.

John Jendro
05-17-2010, 4:23 PM
Peachtree Woodworking Supply sells both the belts and pulleys.

Will Boulware
05-18-2010, 3:14 PM
Thanks John. Placed an order with Peachtree. Pulleys should be in tomorrow. :D

For the record, I haven't gotten a response from InLine industries concerning my delima. At this point I'm ready to cut my losses (and the $30 I paid them) and just move on. Just thought you guys might like a heads up on their current customer service practices.

Tom Henderson2
05-18-2010, 3:25 PM
Thanks John. Placed an order with Peachtree. Pulleys should be in tomorrow. :D

For the record, I haven't gotten a response from InLine industries concerning my delima. At this point I'm ready to cut my losses (and the $30 I paid them) and just move on. Just thought you guys might like a heads up on their current customer service practices.

Inline is a family/home business; they have designed and sell some outstanding products. Unfortunately, their order fulfillment and customer service isn't very good.

It could be that they are away on vacation, or somebody is sick, etc. They are honorable folks (meaning they are NOT a black ripoff) but you may need to pester them a bit.

So keep calling. Email is probably a waste of time.

If a woman answers, hang up.

If the son answers, he'll try to do the right thing.

I had a somewhat similar situation a few years ago; they shipped the wrong pulley and it was like pulling teeth to get it straightened out.

So buying InLine products from Peachtree instead of direct is the best bet.

-TH

Scott Busse
05-19-2010, 12:42 PM
I had the same issues ordering a pully through inline. I finally received it after serveral calls.

Steve Bishop
05-19-2010, 1:21 PM
After waiting over a month with several emails and phone calls I canceled my order with inline.

The parts arrived 2 weeks later.

Steve

Bruce Wrenn
05-19-2010, 9:16 PM
Jerry Cole, the owner on IN-Line does the Woodworking Shows from Sept, through May. He's the guy you see demoing the Dubby (he invented it.) Some of his extended family "minds the store" while he is on the road. Unfortunately they don't do a very good job sometimes. However when I placed an order a couple years back, it was on my doorstep with in a week. Because Peachtree has a full time staff, it seems better to order thru them. Prices are the same.

mark kosse
05-20-2010, 8:50 PM
Do these pullies make that much of a difference? There is some vibration in my 34-444 contractors saw I'd like to eliminate. Thanks, mark

John Jendro
05-20-2010, 11:07 PM
I did the pulleys and a link belt at the same time and noticed a big difference for my contractor saw. I didn't do any tests as far as trying just the belt with the old pulleys or new pulleys with the old v belt.
I couldn't conclusively say if one is as good without the other.

John