PDA

View Full Version : Sawmill Creek Apparel

Keith Outten
04-03-2003, 7:32 AM
We have had lots of requests for SawMill Creek jackets, hats and coffee cups. Jackie has setup an account with a local company who can provide all of these products and is ready to make the first order.

What we need right now is some rough numbers of how many people are interested. Over time we will have just about any kind of product you can imagine with the SawMill Creek logo on it, some of the items I will produce myself, these will be custom engraved and personalized with your name included at no extra charge.

Please respond to the poll and if you have comments as to what other products you would be interested in I will do the research and post pictures here at the Creek. Just for starters I have a source for desk sets that include pens, pencils, notepad holders, etc.

The jackets have a 100% nylon taffeta woven water resistant shell with a lightweight cotton flannel lining and an embroidered SawMill Creek logo on the front. The color we selected for the first order is Khaki and the price is $39.95 which includes shipping. (More details and pictures later)

The Hats are poplin summer mesh low profile caps. They are 75/25 cotton/polyester, 5 panel, mesh back, bolo braid and plastic strap with an embroidered SawMill Creek logo on the front. Again the color we selected for the first order is Khaki, the price is $14.95 each including shipping.
(More details and pictures later)

All of the proceeds will be used to support SawMill Creek. Thanks in advance for your support.

Martin Shupe
04-03-2003, 7:43 AM
Hat, yes.

Jacket, no.

Ken Salisbury
04-03-2003, 9:19 AM
<p align="center">
My Order:

Jacket
Hat
Coffee Cup
Patches (12)
T Shirt
Sweat Shirt
Beer Mug
Sweatband
Ashtray
Wristwatch
Pillowcases (king size)
Bath Towels (his and her's)
Toothbrush

p.s. - no pens :D
</p>

Steve Clardy
04-03-2003, 9:24 AM
Originally posted by Ken Salisbury
<p align="center">
My Order:

Jacket
Hat
Coffee Cup
Patches (12)
T Shirt
Sweat Shirt
Beer Mug
Ashtray
Wristwatch
Sweatband

p.s. - no pens
</p>

Ken, you forgot the socks and underware.lol

;) ;)

Oh yea. HAT, COFFEE CUP

Mark Hulette
04-03-2003, 10:29 AM
You forgot about the SMC firestarter kit!!:D

I'm interested in a hat now and wait to see what else is available.

Michael Cody
04-03-2003, 11:03 AM
Hat & Patches .... other stuff would be wait & see what is offered. You might want to put a poll or take adv orders for particular items to guage order qty's....

Ron McNeil
04-03-2003, 11:23 AM
Keith, I'm a go for a hat would like to see a picture of jacket before I commit. Thanks

John Murphy
04-03-2003, 12:02 PM
I definitely want a hat. Maybe other stuff later.

Murph

Bob Janka
04-03-2003, 12:33 PM
I will buy a hat once I can see what you all are offering....

Cheers,
Bob

Roger Fitzsimonds
04-03-2003, 12:48 PM
I would buy a hat and I could be tempted to buy a long and or short sleeve t-shirt if the sizes are large enough. 3x and sometimes 4x is required otherwise I look like a featherbed with a string thought the middle, or just a fat guy in tight clothes.:)

Roger

John Miliunas
04-03-2003, 1:14 PM
I like Ken's list except for the hat (I just don't wear hats. *ANY* hats!) and jacket (Can't afford the jacket, yet.). I like many of the other suggestions. T-shirts w/pocket would be especially appealing. :cool:

Carl Eyman
04-03-2003, 1:29 PM
I'll buy a hat and a beer mug if full.

Ted Shrader
04-03-2003, 2:07 PM
Would take a hat, and probably a pocket T-shirt.

Ted

But what I really want to know is why Ken Salisbury wants a bath towel! :D

Jim Stastny
04-03-2003, 3:15 PM
Hat, mug

How about denim shop aprons?

Keith Melick
04-03-2003, 4:27 PM
I would be interested in patches, I DO NOTwear baseball caps. With the patch I can put it on any item I choose.

Chris Teenor
04-03-2003, 5:45 PM
I'd be interested in a coffee cup and pocket T's, if offered in larger sizes.

Scott Greaves
04-03-2003, 7:42 PM
Hi Keith!

I might be interested in a hat and a coffee mug - but I'd want to see what they look like first. I'm actually quite picky about both - one would have to fit on my head, and the other would have to fit in my hand! :D

About things I'd like to see - how about personalized, laser engraved shop signs? And I would really like to get a turning smock with the logo on it (that was actually big enough to fit me!). One other thing I thought would be nice is safety glasses with "Sawmill Creek" on the side stems - which would be especially nice if you could get prescription lenses with bi-focals! (Come on, who doesn't need bi-focals!!!)

Scott.

Kevin Gerstenecker
04-03-2003, 7:51 PM
I like the Cap idea, and the Shop Apron would also be on my list. T-Shirts would be nice, and maybe a Polo Type shirt sometime down the road would be cool too. Could wear the Polo for more formal occasions............like going shopping at the Local Saw Mill! ;) Great idea, I can't wait to see the merchandise! :D

Bob Lasley
04-03-2003, 8:53 PM
Count me in for a hat. Jacket maybe next fall. Cup would be good too.

Bob

Jerry Todd
04-03-2003, 9:25 PM
Put me down for the following:
Summer Cap
Shirt w/ Pocket
Coffee mug

How about a Solid cap for the cooler weather?

Jerry in the Sunshine State

Earl Reid
04-03-2003, 9:54 PM
I would be interested in a mug and a T shirt w/ pocket.
Earl Reid

Jerry P. Doan
04-03-2003, 10:40 PM
I would be interested in a cap, polo type shirt, and a coffee mug.

Bruce Page
04-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Todd
Put me down for the following:
Summer Cap
Shirt w/ Pocket
Coffee mug

How about a Solid cap for the cooler weather?

Jerry in the Sunshine State

DITO Jerry's orded for me.

Mike Evertsen
04-04-2003, 1:12 AM
I would go for a mug,,,,,,,,

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Hat - Yes
Jacket - No
12" Ruler - yes
24" ruler - yes
holes in end of ruler to hang them up.

Tom Sweeney
04-04-2003, 12:48 PM
Keith I hardly wear hats & I have too many now.
I'll do a BIG coffee cup & a BIG Polo Golf Shirt :cool:

If you have a SawMillCreek Golf swing improver, to go with the shirt - I'll take one of them also ;)

I like the idea of a BIG shop apron I never used one - but I think I might if you make them.

Get the BIG idea? :D

David Ripley
04-04-2003, 2:45 PM
Maybe a tee-shirt or a hat, maybe?

Doug Littlejohn
04-04-2003, 3:56 PM
Hat yes,
sweatband yes,
T-shirt yes,
Jacket maybe

Paul Geer
04-04-2003, 4:10 PM
Hat (cap) and Coffee cup, why not?

Keith Outten
04-04-2003, 4:43 PM
Jackie has about six large catalogs with just about any clothing item you can imagine so we can order hats, jackets, t-shirts, polo shirts, coffee mugs, etc, in almost any style and size...even the really large sizes. Most items have a minimum order size required so we will have to coordinate each item as we order. We will get around to all of the items everyone wants but we will start with the two items I already mentioned tonight.

I will create a new forum called SawMill Gifts later today, this will be a read only forum for SawMill Gifts only. I will post messages for each item with a description, picture and any options available.
There will be a link to the Hampton Roads Online Shopsite store so you can order online, HRO accepts Visa and Mastercard. You can also send a check via Postal mail. Details will be in the new forum.

I will have to do some research on the shop aprons, but it shouldn't take me long to find an apron that is suitable.

Scott - Let me know what you need in the way of shop signs, I can make just about any type of shop sign you need. I can engrave your logo, SawMill Creek, you name it and I can even build custom wrought iron sign holders. Aaron and I have a workshop data chart we are working on now that has a ton of information on it, screw sizes, drill charts, metric conversions, nail sizes...you get the picture. We hope to have the design finished very soon and get a picture posted here for everyone's comments. The Shop data chart will most likely be engraved on AlumaMark material mounted on a walnut plaque. If you would like to purchase just the engraving and make your own plaque no problem.

There won't be any minimum orders on any engraved items, since we make them one at a time you can order just one. For any registered member of SawMill Creek I will include your name on any engraved item for free, if you need additional text engraving let me know and I will try to include it as well.

Keep sending us your ideas, we will make a list and get them in the new forum as fast as we can. Feel free to use the Private Mail system to contact us if you need additional information.

Thanks to Everyone!

Charles McKinley
04-04-2003, 11:29 PM
Hat & patch please

Pete Harbin
04-05-2003, 3:07 AM
Hat
Mug
Maybe a shirt

Cam.Hedrick
04-05-2003, 9:58 PM
Hat, Fly fishing vest patch, coffee mug...X-large, and that should be it.
LOML says to many t-shirts and jackets now.....I only wear one at a time, so what's the problem?:confused:

Dick Parr
04-06-2003, 6:38 AM
The one's I would be interested in are;

Hat
Coffee Mug
Beer Mug

Thanks

Terry Quiram
04-06-2003, 9:12 AM
Hat, if it isn't a skull cap with a bill. I can always use another coffee cup. Along with the cup, how about a laser engraved coaster. After filling up my shirt, shirt pocket and pants pockets with green Maple, how about a turners smock with tall closeable collar?:rolleyes:

Keith Outten
04-06-2003, 5:38 PM
Terry,

We are thinking alike these days! I found a source for laser engravable ceramic tiles that would make excellent coasters. I will order some this week and get pictures of them on the board.

There is a technique for engraving large murals on ceramic tile by engraving each tile individually and when the tiles are laid or bonded to a surface you have a large picture mural, with no limit to the size. THe new tiles are available in 4", 6" and 12" sizes and about six colors.

Check this out! There is a new print driver for my engraver that will allow me to engrave on denim. I should be able to engrave on the denim shop aprons, jeans, and make custom patches as well. Basically the laser will bleach the engraved area and turn it white. I saw a picture of a pair of jeans engraved with fancy graphics and text, it was a very nice effect...even had an American flag engraved on the back pocket.

Terry Quiram
04-06-2003, 9:40 PM
Keith

Sounds like the next step is to open a Laser Tattoo Parlor.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Terry

Dennis Peacock
04-07-2003, 7:52 PM
Hat? Maybe....
SMC Patch - YES!!
SMC Coffee Mug - Yes
SMC Jacket - maybe only after I see one.

keith zimmerman
04-07-2003, 8:57 PM
I would be interested in a cap, polo type shirt, patch, and a coffee mug.

jack duren
04-07-2003, 9:55 PM
um...what about ball jackets?....jack

Dale Thompson
04-07-2003, 10:00 PM
Keith,
The hats are of interest. The jackets are not my thing. I've got a million of them but I wear my Cub coat in the Summer (another World Series win is right on the horizon) and my Packer coat in the Winter (The Super Bowl is on our list. Don't laugh-- we've got Favre!). Coffee cups(tea, actually) would be welcome as would pocketed t-shirts. I would like to support the forum. You folks are doing a very nice job.

Dale T. :)

Jim Becker
04-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Pocket tees are always of interest for shop use in the warmer months, especially ones that are purposely "long" like those sold by Diluth Trading. They don't pull out when you bend over to pick up that "whatever" you dropped!