PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
05-17-2010, 10:14 AM
17 May 2010

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, it's been an extremely exhausting weekend but also a very rewarding one. If you are a friend of our family on Facebook, then you already know. We have been diligently working on surprises and celebrations for our daughter who graduated from high school this past Saturday night.

This is my daughter Amanda...otherwise known here as the LOML Jr. She was entirely home schooled and very much above the rest in my book. She has turned out to be very much like her mother which is good..because her mother is one of the finest women I've ever been married to, of course, she's the ONLY woman I've ever been married to.

No woodworking for me and the last celebration will be tonight, which is also a total surprise to Amanda. With that said, here is Amanda getting her diploma.

So....what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Ben Davis
05-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Wow, Dennis! That's just great. Congratulations for the entire family!

I started on a modest landscape project in front of the house. I had a butterfly bush that didn't weather the winter so well. I dug it up, split it, and replanted it in two places that it probably won't grow. I just had the thought to try it out though and who knows! I went into that part without any thought of keeping the darn thing. It does have some beautiful summer flowers though.

The spot where the butterfly bush used to live was filled with two spireas. They can get up to 3 - 4 feet wide, so that necessitated moving one of the Hawthorns. We had things to do in the afternoon, so the rest of project, consisting of a few geraniums and moving some petunias around will have to wait until today or tomorrow afternoon.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Congrats to Amanda and her justifiably proud parents!

I spent the weekend working on a rolling cabinet for my turning tools.

It was a learning experience! Really enjoying it!

David Warkentin
05-17-2010, 1:55 PM
Worked on segmented bowl on Saturday and went to church yesterday! David

Joe Shinall
05-17-2010, 2:11 PM
Congrats to your daughter and family Dennis.

I pulled an old dresser out of my in laws shed that just so happened to be the perfect size I have been looking for to mount my mini lathe on. So I pulled it out and mounted the thing. Had it since Christmas and just now got it mounted and ready to turn. Got a few blanks and gonna see what I can tear up this week.

Took the boat out Saturday and successfully got it stuck in mud once and on a sand bar after that. Played baseball Sunday so I'm a little sore from all the ordeals this weekend.

Alan Bienlein
05-17-2010, 6:05 PM
I built a mobile base for the new grizzly 8" jointer loml just bought me.
Then I got the pool ready for my daughters graduation party she is having this coming weekend along with putting the finishing touches on the 10' x 20' covered back deck loml has been waiting 8 years for!

glenn witgen
05-17-2010, 6:24 PM
I was able to sneak out at 6:00 am Satuday morning for a ride in a kayak that I built for my son. It was a beautiful morning with about a foot of fog on the river. For about two hours I felt like the only person on the planet.
It sure was relaxing.

Fred Voorhees
05-17-2010, 6:32 PM
Began to dry fit this table together. It is kind of a matching table to a coffee table that I built two or three months ago. It is somewhat smaller and not as deep or wide as the coffee table. It will be used in the same family room and will be used to store my wifes and my laptop computers in the drawer and will also serve as an area to use as a charging station for phones, Ipods, camera batteries and the like.

Joe Shinall
05-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Nice Fred, make sure you share some pics of that when you are done. Wood love to see the finished product.

Gary Muto
05-18-2010, 7:27 AM
Congratulations to Amanda and her parents. My daughter just turned 1 1/2 over the weekend so it's a ways off for us. I mostly cleaned the garage and basement workshop with the little free time I had. I did make a frame and panel assembly that I will use on my router table to mount a safety switch, work light and a wixey display. it's big enough that I can add a shelf for safety glasses, wrenches, etc...

Shawn Pixley
05-18-2010, 9:51 AM
Congrats on the graduation!

I went out fishing on a 1-1/2 day trip and caught a nice yellow tail and a blue fin tuna. Early days yet for fishing.

Jim Becker
05-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Congrats to Amanda and the whole family!

I actually did get in the shop this weekend, but it was for a, um...non-standard...woodworking project. I had to make a barrel of shavings for my older daughter's guinea pigs. LOL

Other than that, it was a horse show weekend, so that and some shopping, as well as mowing the lawn took up the rest of the time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/j-show-1-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/j-show-4-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/j-show-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/j-show-5-1.jpg

Alesya took Grand Champion for her division. Again. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/a-show-1.jpg