PDA

View Full Version : Office 07 ?

Harry Goodwin
05-16-2010, 9:03 PM
I have Microsoft office for students. 2007
Vista
When I get up a new word document I get a ribbon at top with shortcuts.
I have a second row at top with home insert ect and when you click each item you get a wide band with possibities with each tab.
But... when you click to begin writing the wider home tab with its possibilities disappears along with font selectiions, colors, paragraphs ect.
My question is their any setting I can find thaat will keep the wide band open all the time you work on the document. Thanks Harry

Greg Portland
05-17-2010, 3:13 PM
2007 uses tabs, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "ribbons". Are you saying that the Home tab's options all disappear only when you type in the 1st character? Please take a screen shot of before and after & post...

Harry Goodwin
05-17-2010, 5:53 PM
You have the right idea the options under each tab disappear when you start typing. Thanks, I don't know how to do the other thing. Harry

Eric DeSilva
05-17-2010, 6:04 PM
If I understand right, you are talking about the shortcut icons that appear on the toolbar and drop down menus that are available through certain options on the toolbar. I believe the answer, if I'm right, is "no, but..."

You should be able to edit the shortcut bar and add new shortcuts. For example, if you use italics a lot, you could put a shortcut button on the toolbar for "italicize" that would mean not having to use the drop down menu.

Todd Willhoit
05-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Harry,
It appears that your ribbon is hidden. Right-click in the Home, Insert, etc. menu area. You will see a check mark next to "Minimize the Ribbon". Click it to uncheck.

Todd