PDA

View Full Version : Can't edit and odd characters coming up

Scott Shepherd
05-16-2010, 8:42 AM
I've seen this problem twice in two days now, so maybe it's something going on. When you use quotation marks, it's replacing that with code when it actually posts. For instance, you type "GREAT" and it'll actually post "GREAT" In fact, I'm not sure if it'll post this post about it or not. When you try to go into edit and edit it (minutes after posting it), you can change the text, but you cannot save or cancel the edit. You have to leave the thread to make it work.

Scott Shepherd
05-16-2010, 8:45 AM
As suspected, it put that code around my text, so you can't even read what I'm trying to explain. The word -GREAT was typed in with quotes around it. You can see what it did to it. Also, when I tried to edit the above post, it opens up, I can change it all, but when I hit save, it does nothing. When I hit cancel, it does nothing. You have to exit the thread completely. Also, the smiley's are not working either. You can't click on them, they don't do anything.

Curt Harms
05-16-2010, 9:08 AM
"Quotes" work for me. So do smilies :cool:. This is using Ubuntu Linux & Firefox.

Jim O'Dell
05-16-2010, 5:13 PM
Thats' odd Scott. I'm using "quotes" just fine too. Jim.