PDA

View Full Version : MM 20 Gloat

Brian Buckley
11-20-2004, 10:00 PM
I finally got my MM 20 up and running. My electrician Brother in Montana talked me through wireing it over the phone. He thinks it is funny that I can build hot rods from scratch, weld pretty well, do fair woodworking, but cant wire a light bulb.
Set up went smoothly. Removeing it from the pallet went just like several of you told me.
I have been monkeying around this evening trying to cut thin vaneers off of a pine 1 x 4. It will cut 1/32 with ease. The finish is not as smooth as I had hoped. I suspect I do not have the blade tension correct. I am going to tighten it some more and see what the results are. I dont have much confidence in the tensioning guage.
The blade I am useing is a 1" 2/3 TM Lenox.
Tyler, I will try and post pictures tomorrow.

Brian

John Miliunas
11-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Hey Brian, congrats on getting that puppy up and running! :) I'd say a 1/32nd is pretty darn good! And, even if it's a tad rough, that's what they make sander for! :D Oh, and consider yourself lucky on the picture thing, because Tyler probably won't show up here until sometime tomorrow anyway! (He's out of town for the weekend.) Then again, there's still Chris P.! :eek: :cool:

Tom LaRussa
11-20-2004, 10:40 PM
I finally got my MM 20 up and running.
On behalf of the pic police:

I don't see nothing!:eek: :D

Ted Shrader
11-20-2004, 10:57 PM
Brian -

ME EITHER :) :)

Congrats on the new saw. Sounds like a little more tweaking and you will be set.

Ted

Jim Becker
11-21-2004, 10:41 AM
So...what does a MM20 look like?? :D

(Congratulations, despite the lack of pictures!)