PDA

View Full Version : SWMBO is on to us!

Jim O'Dell
11-20-2004, 6:32 PM
You just can't get ANYTHING past the LOML. We had friends over this afternoon and the subject of a wobbly and leaky toilet came up. After they talked about calling a plumber,I told Lee it was easy to fix, and proceeded to tell him how. Then my wife pops up and said "Yeah, but he uses each repair to find a need for a new tool. He's even on a comuter list where they talk about how they get/are going to get new tools." I'm dead meat. I knew I should have passworded my computer. Let this be a lesson to the rest of you...Your SWMBO is probably on to you.too...make up a good story now...be ready when the shoe falls at your house.

Now, how am I going to get the bandsaw, air compressor and cyclone that I'm planning to get in the next 12 months? I knew the MM16 was just a dream...............Jim.

Scott Parks
11-20-2004, 6:56 PM
Now, how am I going to get the bandsaw, air compressor and cyclone that I'm planning to get in the next 12 months? I knew the MM16 was just a dream...............Jim.Easy, call a bogus plumber and get a quote for $1995 to fix your toilet... :D Then buy the MM16 and use it to resaw some cedar shims to fix the wobbly toilet:D You'll also need a new air compressor to blow away the dust:D Then when she sees all the dust you made resawing, you explain her the health risks you exposed your family to, and "BAM" <BAM>you've got a new cyclone!:D

Brian Hale
11-20-2004, 7:00 PM
I tell the LOML that I plan on getting X Y nad Z tools and why i need each one. We talk about it and she suggests which one to buy first. Then we go over which ones are better or the best value and buy it. Once it's in the shop, i wait a few weeks/months and do it over again.

"But it hon, it was your idea to get it!" :rolleyes:

Seriuosly, Kathy and i share everything (even our tools) so i'd never consider being deceptive with her. It's all up front. If we can afford and justify a purchase, we get it.

Work it out up front and you'll be ahead of the game.

Brian

Jim O'Dell
11-20-2004, 9:00 PM
Work it out up front and you'll be ahead of the game.

Brian

Oh, believe me, I don't make any surprises when it comes to expenditures. I do make some spiff money at work, and mostly use it to buy tools, She knows I have and spend it. It's not part of the paycheck as it comes from an outside source. But I pay taxes on the full amount, so she knows full well what I spend. Hope this is fun for a few of you, but it did catch me a little off guard. Jim.

Dale Thompson
11-20-2004, 9:30 PM
Jim,
That's why I invented passwords right after Al Gore invented the internet. :cool: Just make sure that you don't use any of your girlfriend's names as passwords. :eek: :eek: My wife knows all of their names and I've got the whip marks to prove it! ;) :)

Dale T.

Brian Buckley
11-20-2004, 10:10 PM
LOL Scott Parks, I like the way you think.

Brian

Brian Austin
11-20-2004, 11:03 PM
My wife is actually a little miffed that I don't have any major tool requests for Christmas this year. I've considered a new disc/belt sander, mortiser and several other things but need to complete some stuff in the shop before I really have the ability to use them. She's looking through catalogs, asking me stuff like "What about this?" and "I don't think you have one of those." Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Jim O'Dell
11-20-2004, 11:08 PM
My wife is actually a little miffed that I don't have any major tool requests for Christmas this year. I've considered a new disc/belt sander, mortiser and several other things but need to complete some stuff in the shop before I really have the ability to use them. She's looking through catalogs, asking me stuff like "What about this?" and "I don't think you have one of those." Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Can I send her my list???? Jim.

Scott Parks
11-21-2004, 1:11 AM
LOL Scott Parks, I like the way you think.

BrianNo, seriously, what I really do is bug her for about a year. After hearing me ask to buy something 12,345 times, she'll tell me to go buy it just so I stop asking. Then I can say that she told me to! I have not bought a single thing without an approval first....

Kevin Arceneaux
11-21-2004, 3:07 AM
Mine is the one also putting to gether a list - first is a compressor and brad gun. Then the drill press, then the...........

Today it rained and she baked cookies all day. Along with spagetti for diner and making stock for soups. Plus help with the #%%@@^^@^^ faucet and sink.

God, I love her!

Hal Hanevik
11-21-2004, 8:42 AM
No, seriously, what I really do is bug her for about a year. After hearing me ask to buy something 12,345 times, she'll tell me to go buy it just so I stop asking. Then I can say that she told me to! I have not bought a single thing without an approval first....
For the love of Mike, this the little girl approch! Just do what I do, when she is really busy I sneek up on my wifes purse and retreive my cojones then tell her what I am gonna do. When she gets back up from laughing her self silly, she sometimes lets me get what I want/need. The above is posted with the intent of being funny. I just get what I need/want and deal with the war later on.

Clint deal
11-21-2004, 9:04 AM
What's that saying?

it's easier to ask forgiveness the permission. After you have been forgiving you go play with you new tooltoy
clint