PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting in some shop time

Wolf Kiessling
11-20-2004, 5:41 PM
The medical issues in the Kiessling household are starting to stabilize (hope-hope-hope) and I managed to get a few hours in the shop this week. Naturally, I had to jump all over the lathe. I bought that new Jet 1642 EVS just before the poop hit the fan and finally got a chance to turn another bowl.

I don't know what kind of wood this is, I suspect elm, I've had it laying around for about five years now. I was going to use this bowl to do some experimentation with coloration but when that spalting and pattern emerged I figured I'd better just do a decent job turning and put a clear danish oil finish on it.

Anyhow, after an about four month layoff, here is the result.

Dick Parr
11-20-2004, 5:48 PM
Very nice Wolf. Glad to here things are gettng better and that your back. :)

Bob Worrel Jr.
11-20-2004, 6:00 PM
Wolf...VERY nice piece. I can't wait to get into my shop and attempt something like that. Great to hear you're back at it

Jerry Olexa
11-20-2004, 7:14 PM
Great work! Spectacular , dramatic look...

Charles McKinley
11-20-2004, 8:28 PM
HI WOlf,

I'm glad that you are back. I hope that things continue to improve medically. That is a great piece.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
11-20-2004, 9:32 PM
Wolf, we are praying that things continue to improve for your wife. Glad you are getting a little shop time too.

John Miliunas
11-20-2004, 11:32 PM
As I see it, the time away from the shop and even just starting on a new lathe, certainly haven't prevented you from turning out a spectacular piece, Wolf! :) Looks great! Also, glad to hear things are getting better at your household! Prayers will continue. :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
11-21-2004, 9:47 AM
It's great to see you posting again, Wolf! Pictures of you work have been missed. Hope things continue to improve!

Steve Nelson
11-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Great work Wolf, glad to hear things are improving we missed you at Jenkins this year and hope to see you there next year....Steve

Jim Becker
11-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Good to see you back, Wolf. BTW, I've taken inspiration from your work and have started a combination turning/carving as a gift for a special friend. Thanks for your continued posting of your projects!

Steve Jenkins
11-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Wolf, glad to hear that things are getting back to an even keel.