PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt 7790 radial arm saw

Jamie Baalmann
05-14-2010, 1:23 AM
Does this appear to be a decent saw? I don't know much about them. Have read most of the articles on here that talk about this one and it seems to be a decent model. Any thought or suggestions appreciated

Ed Jolin
05-14-2010, 2:34 AM
I have one, and use it regularly (although lately, my projects have been few and far between).

It seems to have sufficient power and has cut everything I've thrown at it. It's not as stout as some of the older 12"+ models that Dewalt put out, but mine will hold its settings and cuts consistently after tuning it up. I've owned 5 different Dewalts, and this is the one I've kept around, mostly because it's a 12" saw.

I think I paid in the neighborhood of $200 for it, used. I see a lot of 10" Dewalts go by, but not many of the bigger ones.

sullivan mcgriff
05-14-2010, 5:50 PM
The Delphi forum for the Dewalt saw seem to like this one, and it's on my shopping list. I would run it with a 10" blade though

Rick Potter
05-17-2010, 3:03 AM
Got one, hasn't gone out of alignment in 6 or 7 years. Use it all the time, for cross cuts only.

Rick Potter

Jason White
05-17-2010, 6:37 AM
I had one for awhile. It worked OK. Depth of cut on some miter cuts was very limited. Not sure how accurate it was as I used it mostly for rough carpentry.

Jason

Does this appear to be a decent saw? I don't know much about them. Have read most of the articles on here that talk about this one and it seems to be a decent model. Any thought or suggestions appreciated

Jamie Baalmann
05-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the responses I called on it and it had been sold so guess it doesn't matter if it is a good saw since I won't be aquiring it:rolleyes:

Don Jarvie
05-19-2010, 4:04 PM
Better off waiting for the older Dewalt or turret Delta. More solid machines.

Jerome Hanby
05-19-2010, 5:29 PM
Thanks for the responses I called on it and it had been sold so guess it doesn't matter if it is a good saw since I won't be aquiring it:rolleyes:

Not sure if you ever get down Birmingham ways, but I've got a 7790 that I bought before I found my GWI. It doesn't have a stand and needs a table (I was planning on building a Mr Sawdust table)... On the plus side, it is heavy and awkward to move :p