PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those days?

Belinda Barfield
05-13-2010, 6:26 PM
Well my on again off again trip to the Aspire gathering at Jim McGrew's is on again. So, I rushed home from work and tried on everything in the closet. Lot of good that did. I needed to do some laundry so I threw the essentials in for a wash. The washer, which has been on its last leg for a while, decided that mid cycle today would be a good time to quit working for good. In desperation I called my best friend but she wouldn't answer her phone even though I called her twice on the TV remote. :rolleyes::o

Mitchell Andrus
05-13-2010, 6:54 PM
You could stop off at the mall on the way......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

mickey cassiba
05-13-2010, 7:46 PM
Been that, done there. Don't forget to hang up the remote, or your TV will go dead. Hang in there!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-13-2010, 7:53 PM
Belinda,

I hope you don't mind......... when you post often puts me in tears....

I'm sorry your wash machine quit.

You need to talk to your friend about answering her remote and her phone! :rolleyes:

Dave Anderson NH
05-14-2010, 9:15 AM
Belinda, sorry about the washing machine, but you cracked me up. You should know by now that not only does Murphy work 25/8 but that everyone always has a few of those days. Mine was this past Monday and I firgured out early on that what I should have done was go home, climb into bed, pull the covers over my head and hide.

Belinda Barfield
05-14-2010, 9:34 AM
You would have really had a good laugh had you been a fly on the wall. There I stood dialing madly on the remote . . . listening . . . no dial tone! What the? Now the cordless phone isn't working. Try again, maybe I didn't dial correctly. Nope, still no dial tone. Then I looked down at the counter and there, looking up at me expectantly was the cordless phone. I apologized to the remote which does an exceptional job under normal circumstances. It refuses, however, to complete any task outside of its normal, understood job parameters.

Joe Chritz
05-14-2010, 9:56 AM
You would have really had a good laugh had you been a fly on the wall. There I stood dialing madly on the remote . . . listening . . . no dial tone! What the? Now the cordless phone isn't working. Try again, maybe I didn't dial correctly. Nope, still no dial tone. Then I looked down at the counter and there, looking up at me expectantly was the cordless phone. I apologized to the remote which does an exceptional job under normal circumstances. It refuses, however, to complete any task outside of its normal, understood job parameters.

Union remote?

Joe

Steve Schlumpf
05-14-2010, 10:03 AM
We're not using our washer today - if you need to do a quick load or two!

Belinda Barfield
05-14-2010, 10:19 AM
We're not using our washer today - if you need to do a quick load or two!

Thank you kindly, Steve. If I had the time I'd zip right up there and take you up on the offer. A new washer would be cheaper but I think a Creeker laundry visit would be a unique gloat.

At this point the bag is packed. If I ain't got it, it ain't goin'. I'm not likely to make Sunday's fashion page of the Columbia newspaper but who needs that anyway? I sure hope there's a Wally World somewhere along the way (just in case).

Phyllis Meyer
05-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Belinda, first of all whatever you are doing for a living...quit and all of us will send you a few bucks to just humor us! You are much more entertaining than what I have been watching on TV, and if I stop sending the money for the dish bill...I would just send it to you:rolleyes:

You are a hoot lady, and my advice about this gathering is...wear those red high heel shoes and that crown I think I have seen in pictures of the shin dig you and your ladies had! Throw on a pair of jeans and a shirt (not sure if it's that kind of party:confused:), and you will be good to go!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)