PDA

View Full Version : I think I hit the tool Lotto!

Ramsey Ramco
05-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Ok the heading may be a little misleading, but I have to tell someone. I figured you guys would appreciate my purchase a lot more the my wife did so here goes. Jet 15" planer 3HP, Jet 2hp shaper, about a dozen shaper knives, and 20 bar clamps, $1150.00. The shaper and the planer are both about 6 years old, he had 2 spare sets of planer knives, all the manuals, wrenches and setting jigs. Great guy too helped me load it all up, Spent all morning in the shop today rearranging to make room and came out pretty successful. I'm not sure how to post pictures up here otherwise I would, if anyone is interested in seeing let me know how to post and I will. Shh, I feel better now, Emily got a little mad, worst part is she didn't even notice until I asked her what she thought, Mama always said keep my mouth shut:D

Myk Rian
05-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Edit your post
Go to advanced
Scroll down to Manage attachments
Click browse
Navigate to where the pics are on your computer
Click on one
Repeat browse
Upload

Nathan Palenski
05-12-2010, 12:56 PM
That sounds pretty good. I'm looking at spending $2k for a jet drum sander and planer. You beat that with an extra tool.

Are they white or green? Beat up?

Shawn Morley
05-12-2010, 1:53 PM
Sounds like a heck of a deal to me, way to go.

Ramsey Ramco
05-12-2010, 9:47 PM
the planer is white. The shaper is green, I was reading the manuals a little earlier, I was wrong in the post the shaper is about 10 years old. They are not beat up at all, he appeared to be a very meticulous guy who took care of his stuff

Joe Shinall
05-12-2010, 11:02 PM
the planer is white. The shaper is green, I was reading the manuals a little earlier, I was wrong in the post the shaper is about 10 years old. They are not beat up at all, he appeared to be a very meticulous guy who took care of his stuff

No pics = it didn't happen...

Aaron Wingert
05-12-2010, 11:35 PM
We cannot and will not tell you that you suck for this gloat unless and until pics are posted. :D

Chip Lindley
05-13-2010, 1:02 AM
Emily got a little mad, worst part is she didn't even notice until I asked her what she thought...

My wife is among the worst to appreciate *anything shop* that I acquire. For that reason, I gloat to myself and let her discover the new savings account balance when she does.

I appreciated sending her back to college. I appreciated her new washer/dryer, new entrance door, totally remodelled downstairs. And, I appreciated her taking care of the kids while I spent 3/4 my life on the road to provide our only income. But.....

It's not a perfect world.

Mike Cruz
05-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Can't wait to see the pics so I can tell you what I think...

Paul Johnstone
05-13-2010, 1:09 PM
Yea, don't gloat to the wife, she won't understand. Gloat here, we'll understand.

Great score. I'm sure you will enjoy them.

Ramsey Ramco
05-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Sorry for the delay. Been busy, Ill have pics up tomorrow afternoon;)

Bill Wyko
05-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Great score. My LOML is never told about tools. She came in my shop and looked at the festool stack and said"That stack is getting BIGGER" I said "What ever" I didn't lie.:D Congratulations.

Van Huskey
05-15-2010, 2:16 AM
Great score. My LOML is never told about tools. She came in my shop and looked at the festool stack and said"That stack is getting BIGGER" I said "What ever" I didn't lie.:D Congratulations.

My wife went to the garage tonight to get a screwdriver and came back and I heard the words... when did you get these? I forgot I just switched out my Craftsman drivers for a full set of 20 Wera screwdrivers. She knows I never replace things unless they are of significantly higher quality and thus usually cost. My wife never complains or even asks what I spend BUT I am on self imposed money "lockdown" since I plan to build and equip a new shop this year. I got only a wry grin since Fed-Ex did drop of a shoe delivery from Neiman Marcus earlier today...

To Ramsey dude you just don't suck! You can suck offically until the pics are up, get to it, making and posting pics are the FIRST step in machine set-up!!! What they don't tell you is if you neglect this first step the machine will forever be out 1 thou no matter what you do! :D

Rich Aldrich
05-15-2010, 5:25 PM
Congrats on the new tools. My wife doesnt appreciate it either, but she likes what can be made with them. It definitely takes the edge off.

Ramsey Ramco
05-16-2010, 4:19 PM
Well I finally figured it out. the pics were over 3MB that was my problem, I needed to go in and resize them under 1.7KB. here they are guys:mad:

Mike Cruz
05-16-2010, 5:56 PM
Ok, NOW you get the "great gloat" you've been deserving!

Brian Cover
05-16-2010, 8:23 PM
My wife is among the worst to appreciate *anything shop* that I acquire. For that reason, I gloat to myself and let her discover the new savings account balance when she does.

I appreciated sending her back to college. I appreciated her new washer/dryer, new entrance door, totally remodelled downstairs. And, I appreciated her taking care of the kids while I spent 3/4 my life on the road to provide our only income. But......Sounds like a lot of women, very selfish.