PDA

View Full Version : Need Creeker Support

Belinda Barfield
05-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Here I am yet again turning to my fellow Creekers for support. This is easier for me because when my emotions are running high if someone hugs me, I cry. Cyber hugs don’t seem to have the same effect.

Last Thursday my grandmother fell, striking her head. This caused a pretty significant intracranial bleed. She was hospitalized and over the next couple of days became progressively non responsive. The family had to make the decision yesterday whether or not to have a feeding tube inserted. Her children decided to let nature take its course. The doctors estimate that she will live for two or three days.

It turns out that I shouldn’t have wasted time being concerned about making a good impression at the Creeker gathering since I won't be going. This is just another reminder to me to not sweat the small stuff.

Please keep us in your thoughts during this very difficult time.

Steve Schlumpf
05-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Belinda - my heart goes out to you and your entire family! Thoughts & prayers sent!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Tough time....tough decision.

My thoughts and prayer are going out to you, your grandmother and the rest of your family Belinda.

David G Baker
05-12-2010, 10:48 AM
You and your family are in our prayers.

Brent Ring
05-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Tough time....tough decision.

My thoughts and prayer are going out to you, your grandmother and the rest of your family Belinda.

+1 as well!

Phyllis Meyer
05-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Our support, our hugs, and thoughts and prayers to you and your whole family! If Grandma is anything like you...I bet she is one special lady that has led an interesting life! Lots of Peace to your family during this difficult time!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Bob Rufener
05-12-2010, 11:39 AM
A big cyber hug is on its way.

I know how much my grandmother meant to me. Many fond memories.

Jim O'Dell
05-12-2010, 11:55 AM
I miss my grandmother so much. Wish I had had more time to spend with her. She had a stroke, and had a "No Heroics" DNR. When the Drs wanted to put in a feeding tube, my Dad asked if this would go against her DNR wishes, and they said it wouldn't. She lived for 7 or 8 more years. Paralyzed on her left side, but sharp as a tack until the end.
A big hug coming your way. Remember the good times with her. Jim

Darryl Hazen
05-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Big hugs & prayers.

Roger Newby
05-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Another hug from Nebraska.

mickey cassiba
05-12-2010, 12:40 PM
So sorry to hear this Belinda. A big hug from Charlotte and I.
Mick

Jim Rimmer
05-12-2010, 12:40 PM
You always have our support. Our prayers for you and your family.

Jackie Outten
05-12-2010, 1:16 PM
Belinda

Hugs and prayers from Keith and I to you. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Jackie

Belinda Barfield
05-12-2010, 1:49 PM
Thank you all so much. I have such good memories of times with grandma. Her youngest child is four years older than me, my aunt Selma. When I was very young grandma would take Selma and me shopping with her twice a year. This was big deal for us because we got to go to the big city of Savannah (we lived in SC at the time) to the nice department stores. My grandmother always wore her hat and gloves. Selma and I were always decked out in our patent leather shoes, frilly dresses, and gloves. We even had matching purses. Before we left home grandpa would give us a dollar each so our purses wouldn't be empty. If we were well behaved grandma would treat us to a late lunch at the Pirate's House. We drank Shirley Temples and the waitress always put a parasol in the glass. All of my Barbie dolls had parasols.

Rob Cunningham
05-12-2010, 2:11 PM
Belinda, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother.
Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Bruce Page
05-12-2010, 2:17 PM
Here's a big New Mexico cyber hug!

Thoughts & prayers to all.

Phyllis Meyer
05-12-2010, 3:40 PM
Now Grandma knows how to shop...gloves and hats...what fantastic memories for you! Very cool!

Praying for you!
Phyllis:)

mike holden
05-12-2010, 7:26 PM
You and she are in my prayers.

peace,
Mike

Tony De Masi
05-12-2010, 7:36 PM
Prayers for your entire family.

Tony

Ted Calver
05-12-2010, 8:12 PM
Life....it's always messin with us. This grandpa and grandma are sending positive thoughts your way.

Dave Ray
05-12-2010, 8:19 PM
May God Bless you and your family. Thank God for good, happy, fun memories. Big cyber hug from Virginia.

Mike Cruz
05-13-2010, 8:11 AM
Belinda, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother's situation. Remember her for all the great times you had together. Let each memory put a smile on your face. Sounds like you two really loved one another.

Go hug your computer screen...we'll all hug back.

Belinda Barfield
05-13-2010, 8:26 AM
Thanks again to all of you.

I'm hoping this doesn't sound like I'm playing the small violin, but I'd like to share a little more with you all. Some of you may remember that I have an aunt, Jan, who has terminal pancreatic cancer. Jan is my grandmother's daughter. One thing that saddened Jan the most about her diagnosis was the thought that she would die before her mother, and how devastating her death would be to her mother. Jan was told three weeks ago that she has mere weeks left to live. Then the accident happened with grandma. Grandma loved to remind us that God works in mysterious ways.

Dennis Peacock
05-13-2010, 1:40 PM
Belinda......Prayers for you and your family from Conway, Arkansas. Your grandma is correct...God does work in mysterious ways.