PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw X5 up on ebay...

Martin Reynolds
05-12-2010, 1:04 AM
The $85 full versions are appearing now. I bought X4 like this a while back. Not sure exactly what they are, but my old serial number registers with Corel as upgradable. They are not academic versions.

John Noell
05-12-2010, 3:23 PM
Does VBA (for macros) work?

Gary Hair
05-12-2010, 9:10 PM
Does VBA (for macros) work?

The easy way to tell if it's an Academic version is that the top of the program window says "Not for commercial use" in the academic version, otherwise it just says "CorelDRAW X4 (or X5).

Gary

John Noell
05-13-2010, 2:05 AM
The easy way to tell if it's an Academic version is that the top of the program window says "Not for commercial use" in the academic version, otherwise it just says "CorelDRAW X4 (or X5).I saw a cheap version of X3 that was not labeled like that and still did not have VBA.

Dan Hintz
05-13-2010, 6:15 AM
I saw a cheap version of X3 that was not labeled like that and still did not have VBA.
That would be a version that most likely came bundled with a specific piece of hardware (scanner, printer, etc.). According to Corel's TOS, that version is not supposed to be sold without the corresponding hardware.

Martin Reynolds
05-15-2010, 1:07 AM
Package arrived today. It is just a DVD in a slipcase, no manuals. Corel part number CDGSX5ENHBB, which is the standard Corel software. Seems to have full macro support and a valid serial number. No indication that it is anything other than a full version.

Darryl Hazen
05-15-2010, 11:27 AM
The HBB stands for Hard Back Book. It should have accompanied the software. It appears someone wanted the book and not the software.

John Noell
05-15-2010, 2:48 PM
That would be a version that most likely came bundled with a specific piece of hardware (scanner, printer, etc.). According to Corel's TOS, that version is not supposed to be sold without the corresponding hardware.Maybe. There was nothing on the package that indicated it was OEM or bundled. Definitely lacked VBA however.

Dan Hintz
05-15-2010, 8:58 PM
The HBB stands for Hard Back Book. It should have accompanied the software. It appears someone wanted the book and not the software.
My guess would be a shipment of the books was "redirected", and the software and books sold separately. Happens in New Jersey all the time... ;)

Gary Hair
05-15-2010, 9:56 PM
It appears someone wanted the book and not the software.

If you have seen the book you would question why anyone would go to ANY length to get one... Unless recycling paper was a profitable business, then there would be some value to the book. Or, if you are in a third-world country and T.P. is in shortage, then it would REALLY be valuable!

Gary

Martin Reynolds
05-17-2010, 3:11 PM
The version I have includes VBA. The HBB designation is on the DVD case, and is also the name that Corel uses for it - but I have a feeling that the book is becoming a digital artifact.