PDA

View Full Version : Need Custom Sized Plaque - Engravable Quality

Wesley Perreira
05-11-2010, 2:10 PM
I got a request to do a large plaque that measures 30" x 28" and needs to be made of something like red alder or cherry wood. I need to engrave a photograph of a fish on it and it will serve as a perpetual award. I've made dozens of smaller plaques for these folks up to 15" but can't find anything larger than that. Living on a small island in the middle of ocean makes it even harder to find things. My friends on the creek have never let me down before, please help me again:)

Larry Bratton
05-11-2010, 3:20 PM
Hummm That might be kinda tough on a 24 x 36 laser bed.

Martin Boekers
05-11-2010, 3:25 PM
You may check the CNC side, a routed fish at the top may by cool and give it a more 3D effect.

Marty

Bill Cunningham
05-11-2010, 8:25 PM
I got a request to do a large plaque that measures 30" x 28" and needs to be made of something like red alder or cherry wood. I need to engrave a photograph of a fish on it and it will serve as a perpetual award. I've made dozens of smaller plaques for these folks up to 15" but can't find anything larger than that. Living on a small island in the middle of ocean makes it even harder to find things. My friends on the creek have never let me down before, please help me again:)

Knowing what small Island in the middle of what Ocean could help someone direct you to a source.. I have a supplier in Ontario 'Canada' that could make one from Red Alder, and probably ship it to you!

Jim Coffee
05-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Colorado Heirloom makes custom sizes.

Todd Koessl
05-12-2010, 9:15 AM
Big Sky Woodcrafters would also be able to do this.

Jimmy Estrada Jr
05-14-2010, 1:04 AM
Where are you located? If you are in Hawaii on Oahu, I can give you a couple of phone numbers.