PDA

View Full Version : Guess what followed me home

Robert Ducharme
11-19-2004, 11:09 PM
Denver finally had a woodworking show. Due to atmospheric disturbances, cyclonic action, black holes, and generally downhill slopes, I found myself walking into the building - I was also lucky to get tickets for all three days for free. :)

While there, I watched David Marks demostration, and danced with the crowd around all the booths. Also saw somebody giving a presentation on turning. Sorry, I missed the name because the turny object made me dizzy, fall to the floor in agony, and creep back to flat-land.

In spite of all I could do, some poor, lonely waiflings followed me home. I have no clue how they kept up with me when I was going 75 mph down I-25. At least that is what I told my wife.

The following pictures are NOT intended for you to say these are your long lost relatives and should be returned immediately! Nor have they ever been on milk cartons.

I left some bread crumbs on the street and I think something else may be shuffling along behind. I will keep you informed if it finds its way home.

Robert

thomas prevost
11-19-2004, 11:54 PM
You'll love that blue "thing a bob in the second picture. I know I do mine." Then some of us dream of owning the wheelie thing in the first. Nice take.:)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Bob....I have a hard time believing your wife buys that......"followed me home bit!" But then again.........she believes "dragons have hairballs!".......nice score on both accounts!

Brian Hale
11-20-2004, 6:09 AM
Nice haul Robert!!

Let us know what you think about the sharpner when you had a chance to spin it for awhile.

Brian :)

Martin Shupe
11-20-2004, 11:58 AM
After watching Dennis sharpen my chisels at Steve's DFW BBQ, I have an increased interest in the Tormek. May I ask if you got a "show special" price? Or, to put it another way, where is the best (cheapest) place to get a deal on a Tormek? Not sure I can afford one by Christmas, but maybe by birthday.

Mike Kelly
11-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Nice Haul! What are the blue things at the left of the Kreig case?

Steve Cox
11-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Mike,

The one in the back is for holding metal drawer slides in place while you drive the screws. It has magnets for holding the slide and then references against tehe front of the carcase. I don't know about the front two.

Jim Becker
11-20-2004, 2:07 PM
Very nice, Robert! Nothing like a show to cause things to follow you home...

Nice phone, too... hee hee

Scott Parks
11-20-2004, 2:11 PM
Isn't granite countertops in your shop overkill????:D Nice haul, or would that be "tow" if they followed you....

Robert Ducharme
11-20-2004, 10:58 PM
The other blue thing in the left front is also for doing drawer slides. Used on faceless cabinets.

Doesn't everyone have granite tops for their workbenches? :D I wish. No, those are the counter tops in my utility room.

Robert

Matt Meiser
11-21-2004, 8:52 AM
Wierd. This phenomena is apparently not just limited to Colorado. One of these followed me home yesterday.

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/images/605r1.jpg

I just went to Woodcraft with my 10% birthday card and poof!

Matt Meiser
11-21-2004, 8:55 AM
After watching Dennis sharpen my chisels at Steve's DFW BBQ, I have an increased interest in the Tormek. May I ask if you got a "show special" price? Or, to put it another way, where is the best (cheapest) place to get a deal on a Tormek? Not sure I can afford one by Christmas, but maybe by birthday.

And which jigs did you get?