PDA

View Full Version : Repair Parts for JigSaw

Jay Radke
05-10-2010, 11:43 PM
I got my Dad's old Jig Saw (or Sabre Saw). Its a McGraw-Edison Power House Model 73103.

What I need are replacement brushes (F83) and a replacement cord. Anyone know of a good place to pick up these parts?

Thanks

Rick Lizek
05-11-2010, 5:44 AM
Typically a good Ace hardware will sell generic brushes. Getting something close or oversized and filing or sanding it down is very easy. Cords also can be gotten at www.mcmaster.com or even the Ace source. Also looking for a local appliance repair shop will yield similar results.

I repair tools and machinry so these are tried and true options.

Lee Schierer
05-11-2010, 7:48 AM
Go to your local BORG and buy a three wire extension cord that is 6-8 feet long. Cut off the receptacle end and use the plug end for your power cord. I've done this on several power tools that had damaged cords.

Jay Radke
05-11-2010, 11:03 PM
A plus advice on the ACE. They had four boxes of brushes behind the counter. Most were well picked over, they need to restock. They had on with the right knob but it was too thick. They had one the right thickness but knob was a little big. Took 2 of the big knob ones. Put them in tonight at the 1st int of the hawks game. got them in and they make good contact. now i just have to work on the cord tomorrow, which i also picked up at ACE. but i need to go back and get the right cord adaptor tomorrow.