PDA

View Full Version : Tool silhouettes?

Rob Littleton
11-19-2004, 10:33 PM
I am search of silhouettes of any tools?

I would like to be able to print them off ( maybe power point but I have not found any, even online ) and paint them around the shop as a kind of border.

I found a bunch of color ones but they dont look good all black.

Any ideas or resources out there? Im sure you guys have endless amounts of them right? heheh

thaks guys

Frank Pellow
11-19-2004, 10:38 PM
I don't have any tool silouetes, but I really like your idea. If someone tells us of a source, I might try doing the same thing myself.

Brian Hale
11-20-2004, 6:36 AM
Image editing programs like Photoshop can be used to create just an outline of an object. If you have one or two that you want, email them to me and i'll give it a go for ya.

Brian

Dave Brandt
11-20-2004, 1:20 PM
Sounds like a good idea. How about laying the tool on your scanner and trying to "copy" it? Might work.

Gary Sutherland
11-20-2004, 5:48 PM
Here are a few....

http://h30027.www3.hp.com/homefun/us/pdfs/project_docs_jan04/tool_silouettes.pdf

gary

Rob Littleton
11-20-2004, 9:41 PM
Dude, that is great. I sure appreciate them.

I was hoping to get some drills and saws and other tools too.

Thanks for those.

Christine Tiede
11-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Hey, how about setting up one of your lamps, shine it on a strategically placed tool, and creating your own on paper?
Just a thought,

Dan Racette
11-21-2004, 9:00 AM
Just send all your tools to me and I will scan them for you :D

Seriously though, a couple of ideas...

go to your manufacturer's web site and download a jpg or gif of the tool and enlarge it to match the size, then print! You could adjust the images to be totally black in photoshop. (I can give you a couple of hints as I am a photo retoucher). Good luck either way. PM me for my address.. ;)

dan

Brian Hale
11-21-2004, 9:06 AM
I can give you a couple of hints as I am a photo retoucher
Ahhhhh Another PS CS guru :cool: Are you a NAPP member also?

Brian :)

Dan Racette
11-22-2004, 9:32 AM
Not a NAPP member. I am a prepress guy, not a member of much for organizations. I run an in-house imaging dept. in a "large company in southwestern wisconsin". :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think this silhoutte idea is good. I started doing something similar by gathering actual pics of my tools and am planning to put them on the outsides of my tool drawers.

Dan