PDA

View Full Version : Our members in Oklahoma.....

Jim O'Dell
05-10-2010, 9:53 PM
.....Are you safe?? Bob V, Glenna's Dad said it wasn't bad in Ada. My parents at Lake Texhoma are fine, but about to get hit again. I'm sure they headed back to the cellar. Friends in Moore that got hit a few years ago and lost their house are fine, but other areas have been hit pretty hard. Let us hear from you! Jim.

John Pratt
05-11-2010, 9:29 AM
OKC (Norman) got hit pretty good. Down here in Lawton we just had the wind. Not even a drop of rain. The real weather started as the storm crossed over Interstate 44 as it moved east. Forecast is for more severe weather today and tomorrow. Hope those already hit get through this round and are able to recover quickly.

Jim Rimmer
05-11-2010, 1:21 PM
My Mother in Norman and brother in Newcastle came through OK. Lots of folks in OKC suffering, though. At least on the gulf coast you get a few days warning before the hurricane hits. Tornados are quick.

Our prayers for all who lost family or property.

Belinda Barfield
05-11-2010, 1:23 PM
You are right, Jim. We get both here and I have a much greater fear of a tornado.

Keeping everyone in Oklahoma in my thoughts.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-11-2010, 1:42 PM
My baby sister and family live in Yukon. I was elated to get her answering machine at home earlier this morning. That's a good thing!

Jim O'Dell
05-11-2010, 1:59 PM
Ken, I have a BIL and his wife that live in Yukon. We also got their answering machine last night, but they didn't call us back. Don't know if my wife tried calling back today or not. I don't think the bad weather was that far north. Their youngest daughter did call her grandparents to say that she was ok. Hope to hear from some of our group!! Jim.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-11-2010, 2:03 PM
I just talked with my sis a few minutes ago. It's the 1st time I've ever called her at work. They did well. There were others some miles away that weren't as lucky.

Bob Vavricka
05-11-2010, 5:31 PM
Jim,
We are fine in Ada, the storms mostly went South and North of us. I have a daughter living in Midwest City and son in Moore, and they didn't get any damage at their location. My wife was in Shawnee when it hit there and rode out the storm at her sister's house. She had to detour around Tecumseh on the way home. Techumseh as well as several other areas got hit pretty hard. Five lives lost and lots of property damage--pretty sad. Still debating about including a safe room in the planned new shop. This time of the year makes it seem like a good idea.
Thanks for asking about us.
Bob V.

Jim O'Dell
05-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Glad your families are ok Bob, Ken and Jim. Jim.

Jim Rimmer
05-12-2010, 1:01 PM
Jim,
We are fine in Ada, Thanks for asking about us.
Bob V.
Glad you're OK. I've got a cousin (inlaw) in Ada. BTW, I'm ECU class of '71. Really miss Ada.

Jim O'Dell
05-12-2010, 3:30 PM
Jim, did I know you graduated from ECU (was it East Central State when you were there, or East Central Oklahoma State University?) I grew up in Ada. I was in HS when you graduated. LOML graduated ECU with her Bachelors in 76, and masters in 77. Did you ever meet the Registrar for ECU? Saw her about a month ago. Good family friends.
It just amazes me how small this world gets at times! Jim.