PDA

View Full Version : What type tools

Alfred Hoffmann
05-10-2010, 3:24 PM
What kind of tools do you think this woodworker used? This water well constructed with solid timber was recently unearthed in Germany and is dated to about 5000 B.C. - is therefor over 7000 years old! Same methods still being used today. Part of my workbench uses the same construction method!

Brendan Plavis
05-10-2010, 3:34 PM
Most likely a crude axe(stone blade/obsinate blade) and probably a chisel(same materials as before.) A club was also more than likely used, either of stone or wood. The trenching method was probably the use of either the extremities, or of a natural sink hole. Animals were also probably used.

Van Huskey
05-10-2010, 5:32 PM
Probably stone, but fairly advanced stone tools (as stone tools go) the bronze age didin't start in that area for another 1,000 years give or take a year or so.

Mark Woodmark
05-10-2010, 10:05 PM
What kind of tools do you think this woodworker used? This water well constructed with solid timber was recently unearthed in Germany and is dated to about 5000 B.C. - is therefor over 7000 years old! Same methods still being used today. Part of my workbench uses the same construction method!

My guess would be a three axis CNC router table with auto loading and unloading, self homing head, and chip conveyur. Probably an older model