PDA

View Full Version : General 50-185LM1

Bart Leetch
11-19-2004, 6:09 PM
Does anyone here have one of these saws? I need to know the width across the front of the metal case under the top & the depth from front to back of the case. I am thinking of up grading to this saw from my Craftsman contractor-saw & would like to mount it on the base I've built for my saw.

Yes I would like a cabinet-saw but am quite attached to the cabinet I built for my contractors-saw because of the storage it provides in my small shop. :)

TIA

Allen Grimes
11-19-2004, 6:48 PM
I was going to refer you to Scott Spencer but I see he has already answered you in the WoodNet forum

scott spencer
11-19-2004, 6:49 PM
Hi Bart - I've got the M1 version with standard rails, but the base is the same...16-1/2" across x 20" deep. I've really enjoyed mine.

Bart Leetch
11-19-2004, 7:13 PM
Thanks

Its great to know that we have this kind of help available here.

I just measured my Craftsman saw & it is 15 1/4" across the front & 20" deep front to back.

So centered over the dust chamber the General will be 5/8" further to the left & right of the dust chamber that the DC hooks to. :)

Now I have to figure out how I'm going to do this.

Thanks

scott spencer
11-20-2004, 7:53 AM
I was going to refer you to Scott Spencer but I see he has already answered you in the WoodNet forum
"Last edited by Allen Grimes : Yesterday at 6:50 PM. Reason: Misspelled Scott"

Allen - Believe me....I've been referred as far worse things than you could ever conjur up from mispelling Scott!