PDA

View Full Version : Applying a romark sign to glass door?

Lynn Kull
11-19-2004, 5:36 PM
I need some ideas on how to apply a romark plastic sign to the inside of a glass door? This will like a 9"x12" sign with the store name and hours on it and will go on the inside of the glass door. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to apply it so it will stick and yet look profesional? thanks for any ideas this is new to me.... Lynn

Michael Wells
11-20-2004, 12:24 PM
You mean ..other than Duct Tape, right Lynn? Heheheee

There are some clear adhesives on the market that work great and are applied on the outside edge of the material. But is this going to be a situation where you want this to be removable or is it going to be static? That will make a huge difference in what you use to stick it! If you use an epoxy or super glue type adhesive it will be permanent. If you use something like one of the gum based acrylic adhesives or silicone based, most of those can be later removed easily from the glass.
Michael

Lynn Kull
11-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Thanks Micheal, I would imagine this sign may change every year or two as the hours of the shop may change. But the sign would not be re-used again so if the permanant solution just meant the sign would be destroyed that would be ok. Lynn

Rose Hamacher
11-22-2004, 8:54 AM
I have an oval sign hanging on my glass door with my business logo and opening and closing times, phone number, and so on and I use two of those clear suction cup hangers with the wire hook. When I made the sign I vectored two holes on the top to attach it to the hooks. I also made separate "closed" and "open" signs that I hang above my main sign on two more of the suction cup hooks; very easy to change and the hooks are not that noticable. I will try to get a picture posted so you can see what I'm talking about.

Regards,
Rose Hamacher

Kevin Huffman
11-22-2004, 9:18 AM
Hey Lynn,

There are some laserable plastics that are self adhesive. You might want to look into those.
With Rowmark, you want to look at the Ada line they are the self adhesive.

Let me know if that helps.

Kevin

Rodne Gold
11-22-2004, 9:18 AM
The Clear 3m vhb (called IsoTak) will work , use it sparingly. It holds about 10kg per sq cm , so a few small pieces on the corners will work perfectly. You also get an optically clear "crystallex" front mount adhesive film for this. Speak to the guys that supply digital print overlams for this.

Lynn Kull
11-24-2004, 12:39 AM
thanks for the info..... Rose, I like your signs, thanks for the pics. Do the signs swing when the door is opened or is this not a problem? thanks Lynn

Rose Hamacher
11-24-2004, 8:29 AM
Lynn,

The signs don't swing but then again I do have a mini-blind on the door, also, because the door faces west and the sun is brutal in the afternoon. The suction cup hooks are spaced so that there is a good bit of tension holding the larger sign so I don't think it would swing anyway, and I never take it down except to clean the glass every now and then. It is not so much hanging from the hooks as it is being tethered left to right, if that makes sense. (I hooked the hooks in before I applied the suction cups to the window). The smaller 'open', 'closed' and 'out on delivery' signs do hang from the hooks and are very easy to change. Anyway, they work well for my purposes.

Regards,
Rose