PDA

View Full Version : momma's day's meals

Steve knight
05-09-2010, 7:16 PM
Had to make something nice for the wife for mothers day. hard to find really good steak without paying a fortune so time to buy. I can't remember what cut it was but it was on sale for 11.99 a pound. I love the painted hills organic beef so much more flavor. I marinated it in red wine and garlic and grilled it.
Some great cheese and garlic pasta. it is a strange color because I have to sue rice noodles. but some browned butter lots of fresh garlic and three way to expensive cheeses and fresh ground telecherry pepper.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s266/knighttoolworks/posting/Pastebot2010-05-09131613PM2.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s266/knighttoolworks/posting/Pastebot2010-05-09131613PM1.jpg

Joe Pelonio
05-09-2010, 7:35 PM
That looks yummy. Although, I have been told, she's your wife, not your mother.:D

I just put a turkey breast on the grill, my wife's favorite. Also have some marinated pork tenderloin to put on toward the end. Both daughters are here but my son had to work, so he came by yesterday.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-09-2010, 8:06 PM
I told my wife I'd cook this entire weekend. So far I have.

Currently I have a pasta and vegetable salad in the refrigerator cooling.

I have an experiment.....a bourbon pork roast on the rotisserie on the grill. I marinated it and am now getting ready to start basting it with the bourbon sauce in about 5 minutes.

All 3 of the kids have called today. The oldest son dropped by with his spouse. He spilled the beans...he and his BIL are going into the mountains tomorrow to search for morel mushrooms. The son doesn't eat them but the LOML sure does. That boy loves his Momma!

John Pohja
05-09-2010, 9:27 PM
sorry to hear that you had to take legal action against the noodles. John

Steve knight
05-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I swear I cant type use for the life of me it always comes out sue. Hey got to keep them behaving.

Mitchell Andrus
05-09-2010, 10:24 PM

Wasn't Rice Noodles one of Dick Tracy's arch-enemies?

Belinda Barfield
05-10-2010, 8:13 AM
Wasn't Rice Noodles one of Dick Tracy's arch-enemies?

No, I think he had a reign of terror over Gotham City.

I love you guys. It is so thoughtful of you to cook and do other nice things for your wives on Mother's Day.

I'm going to contact Hallmark today and begin a push for Non-Mother's Day.:D

Phyllis Meyer
05-10-2010, 10:16 AM
I made a pot of chicken soup on Saturday and we ate leftovers yesterday. My husband offered to take me out to eat but I turned it down...yep, crazy:confused:!

Phyllis:)

Belinda Barfield
05-10-2010, 10:31 AM
You are not alone, Phyllis. My mom cooked dinner (that midday meal in the south) after church. Later yesterday afternoon she asked daddy to take her to Dairy Queen for a Blizzard. :)

Eddie Watkins
05-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I took my wife by Waffle House on the way to the airport. She is spending the week in Las Vegas on business, she says.:rolleyes:

Ray Bell
05-10-2010, 11:35 AM
A combined effort. My cousin BBQ'ed ribs. He is the best rib barbequer north of the MD Line. His homemade sauce is wonderful! I opened three cans of baked beans, added a little onion, and bacon, and made strawberry short cakes. We had dinner (supper) for the wife's at six. Beautiful day here in eastern Washington yesterday. Perfect for a Mothers Day BBQ.

Steve knight
05-10-2010, 11:46 AM
No, I think he had a reign of terror over Gotham City.

I love you guys. It is so thoughtful of you to cook and do other nice things for your wives on Mother's Day.

I'm going to contact Hallmark today and begin a push for Non-Mother's Day.:D
I wish I could say it was special but I cook every day. my wife could not cook to save her life.