PDA

View Full Version : Riser block trouble on G0555

Victor Robinson
05-09-2010, 1:32 PM
I finally got around to installing the riser block for my G0555. I can't get the darn blade onto the wheels and feel like such an idiot. The saw is completely detensioned (by lever and by knob) and the blade just won't fit around the wheels...I'm not able to force it. Is there something I'm doing wrong or a trick I'm missing?

Or is the blade they sent with the riser a half-inch too short? It's my only 105" blade at the moment and I wanted to make a few rough cuts today - may as well see if the 105" Woodslicer I've got coming on Monday gives me the same problem...

Larry Marley
05-09-2010, 1:50 PM
mark the 105" blade with a piece of tape and start measuring how long it really is.

Kev Godwin
05-09-2010, 2:25 PM
Same happened to me when I put my riser block on my G0555. Just because you have released all of the tension and have not engaged the tension arm doesn't mean the blade will go on easily.

Loosen the tension knob as you described. I had to physically pull the upper wheel downward to get the blade on. Then you can use the upper tension knob to engage to blade. For some reason mine was sticky but haven't had any problems since.
Kev