PDA

View Full Version : Winner Dan Hintz - New CNC Router July 4th

Keith Outten
05-09-2010, 10:13 AM
The Winner of our grand prize CAMaster Stinger CNC Router is Dan Hintz (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=26182)

Congratulations Dan!!!!!

Stinger CNC Router Drawing July 4th

SawMill Creek and CAMaster have joined together to provide a brand new CAMaster CNC Router as a drawing prize.

http://www.stingercnc.com/Images/Stinger%20WhiteBG%20homepage.jpg

On July the Fourth we will draw a winners name from our Friends of The Creek database, the winner will receive a brand new Stinger CNC Machine from CAMaster delivered to his or her door. Our goal is to both promote our new Friends of The Creek Directory (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php) and the brand new Stinger model CAMaster CNC Router (http://www.camaster.com) that will be unveiled on May the 14th at the Aspire User Group meeting in Columbia South Carolina.

The Stinger is an amazing machine that will perform well even in a commercial environment. This is the "Good Stuff" folks, a machine built to the same level of quality as the large format CAMaster machines.

Visit the Stinger Web Site (http://www.stingercnc.com/)

Features are
- 25” x 36” x 5” Cutting Area
- Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Variable-speed Router
- Standard 3 axis High Definition Microstep Drive System
- Rack & Pinion on all Axes
- Sealed MDF Tabletop
- Hiwin Bearings And Rails On All Axes
- Dust Hood
- E-Stop
- Limit Switches On All Axes With Soft Limits
- Welded Frame
- Cut 2D Design Program
- Mach 3 Windows PC-Based CNC Control System

Upgrades are
- T Slot Clamping System
- Aluminum Tooling Plate
- Mini Recoil Indexing Lathe
- Porter Cable 2.25HP Router
- Windows XP Computer & Monitor
- V Carve Pro
- Aspire

If you think that you will be the winner of this drawing you should plan to attend the Aspire Gathering at Jim McGrew's cabinet shop in Columbia SC the end of this week. The very first Stinger production machine will be unveiled and operational, you don't want to miss this event but you must send an email in advance and let Jim know that you are going to be there !!!!!

Here is the fine print:
In order to be eligible for this drawing you must have your Friends of The Creek title by midnight EST July 3rd, 2010. This is the cutoff date for entering the FOTC Directory and being eligible for the drawing on July 4th. And the winner will owe me a small personal favor :)

We would like to thank Joey and Paul at CAMaster for their continued support of SawMill Creek and the Members of our Woodworking Community.

Eagle America

Our friends at Eagle America (http://www.eagleamerica.com/) have offered to provide the winner of our CNC Stinger CNC router a set of three spiral router bits. Model Number 100-0615 - 3 Piece Up-Cut Solid Carbide Spiral Set - REG. $110.85 on sale for $94.99

http://www.eagleamerica.com/product/...outer_bit_sets

These spiral bits are an excellent match for the CAMaster Stinger CNC machine so they will be included in the Friends of The Creek Drawing on July 4th.

Less than a week to go so make sure that you join our Friends of The Creek Directory so you will be eligible to win this fabulous prize!!!

Southeast Tool

The following Router Bit Set has been donated by Southeast Tool to be included with the CAMaster Stinger CNC Router Drawing on July 4th.

9 Router Bit carving set

SRD220 - 1/4 CD X 1 CL X 1/4 SHK x SC Down Spiral
SPOU120 - S/C SPR O FL,1/4"D x 3/4"CL M/Grind x 2-1/2 OAL
SE1502 - C/T V-Groove x1/2 CD x 90 Deg x 1/4"Sh x 1-3/4 OAL
SBNU250 - S/C Ball Nose Up x 1/4 CD x3/4 CL x1/4 Sh x 2-1/2"
SBNU125 - S/C Ball Nose Up x 1/8 CD x1/2 CL x1/4 Sh x 2" OAL
SE1550 - C/T 60 Deg V-Groove x 2 FL x 1/4 Sh x 2" OAL
SRU120 - 1/4 CD X 1 CL X 1/4 SHK x SC Upcut Spiral
SE1501 - C/T V-Groover x 3/8 CDx 90 Deg x 1/4"Sh x 1-3/4 OA
SE1541 - Solid Carbide 60 Deg V-Groover x 3 FL x 1/4 Shk

Southeast Tool is also giving the winner a Southeast Tool Knife/Flashlight combo tool with the winners name laser engraved on it.

James Jaragosky
05-09-2010, 11:45 AM
SawMill Creek and CAMaster have joined together to provide a brand new CAMaster CNC Router as a drawing prize.

On July the Fourth we will draw a winners name from our Friends of The Creek database, the winner will receive a brand new Stinger CNC Machine from CAMaster delivered to his or her door. Our goal is to both promote our new Friends of The Creek Directory (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php) and the brand new Stinger model CAMaster CNC Router (http://www.camaster.com) that will be unveiled on May the 14th at the Aspire User Group meeting in Columbia South Carolina.

Because the Stinger hasn't been unveiled yet we can't provide pictures or specifications until May the 14th. However I have been provided with an advanced set of photographs and I can tell you that the Stinger is an amazing machine that will perform well even in a commercial environment. This is the "Good Stuff" folks, a machine built to the same level of quality as the large format CAMaster machines.

If you think that you will be the winner of this drawing you should plan to attend the Aspire Gathering at Jim McGrew's cabinet shop in Columbia SC the end of this week. The very first Stinger production machine will be unveiled and operational, you don't want to miss this event but you must send an email in advance and let Jim know that you are going to be there !!!!!

Here is the fine print:
In order to be eligible for this drawing you must have your Friends of The Creek title by midnight EST July 3rd, 2010. This is the cutoff date for entering the FOTC Directory and being eligible for the drawing on July 4th. And the winner will owe me a small personal favor :)

We would like to thank Joey and Paul at CAMaster for their continued support of SawMill Creek and the Members of our Woodworking Community.
Thanks Camaster for such a over top prize, and thank you Keith for pulling it together. I have found good value in becoming a FOTC and hope that this promotion helps others to realize that same value is there for them as well.
Good luck everyone.
Jim J.

Joey Jarrard
05-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Now it would be funny if my name was drawn. CAMaster would like to thank SMC for this awsome way to kick off the new Stinger. :D

Nicholas Bukky
05-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Well I think I just did it right! I believe I am now one of the Friends of the Creek.
Thank you Keith and Joey for this great promo!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Nick

Joey Jarrard
05-09-2010, 1:15 PM
Thanks Nick, we have all enjoyed looking at your work.

You know even if you do win the stinger your not off the hook about the cobra. :D

Nicholas Bukky
05-09-2010, 2:09 PM
These past few weeks I could have had a stinger a cobra and my router all working!! I will get there soon!!!:) I have been working my butt off toward that cobra!

Nick

Joey Jarrard
05-09-2010, 2:25 PM
Thats great Nick, We are looking forward to work with you. Are you comming to Jims this weekend?

Nicholas Bukky
05-09-2010, 2:40 PM
Sore subject.....:) My Brother is getting married..............
I think I would rather be at a meeting but that is not the best chioce for the best man..........

Joey Jarrard
05-09-2010, 2:42 PM
Have fun we will miss ya

Bob Savage
05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I'll eventually get in on the FOTC, but don't think I'm ready just yet... Having a Stinger would be great for cutting some of the smaller parts I've been doing lately. This is a very cool!

james mcgrew
05-10-2010, 11:23 AM
it is a really cool machine!!

Jerome Stanek
05-10-2010, 1:48 PM
I wrote
I didn't know this was a military forum. Can a a lowly PFC win this prize or do you have to be an officer.

Keith wrote

Jerome,

To be eligible for the big prize you need to join our Friends of The Creek Directory.
To be eligible for FreeStuff Drawings you need to make a donation to help support The Creek and become a Contributor.

No military titles here just different levels of support for The Creek.

It was a just all in fun. I really am sorry if I offended anyone with that statement. I think Jim Mcgrew has seen some of my comments meant to be on the lighter side.

Bob Savage
05-10-2010, 2:03 PM
It was a just all in fun. I really am sorry if I offended anyone with that statement. I think Jim Mcgrew has seen some of my comments meant to be on the lighter side.

I knew you were kidding... sometimes those of us wacky folks throw one out there that only the wacky get. Heck, sometimes I'm the only one laughing at my stupidity... as long as I get a laugh, I'm O.K. with it.

Joey Jarrard
05-10-2010, 2:13 PM
Bob I laugh at you all the time in that tutu. I know you said it was Jim Carry but we all know better.

james mcgrew
05-10-2010, 2:40 PM
hey i got real lucky to make e4 before i got out!!

Keith Outten
05-10-2010, 6:49 PM
Jerome,

I think everyone understood your comment and doubt that anyone would have taken it as derogatory towards the Military suits :)

Keith Outten
05-11-2010, 6:20 AM
I just edited my original post and added the features and upgrade options available.
More information and pictures will be made available on Friday.

james mcgrew
05-11-2010, 9:05 AM
i believe the t-slot table is a standard now as well!

jim

Keith Outten
05-12-2010, 7:00 AM
We are starting to discuss a group purchase of CAMaster Stingers for the Members of this Community. Anyone interested in getting involved please contact me or post in this thread so I can start putting together a list of potential buyers and CAMaster could then put together a discount price for the group.

Without discussing this with CAMaster I would recommend that a deposit would be warranted to help them to order materials, parts and take advantage of discounts from their suppliers that they could then pass on to us.

Speak out if this interests you.........No commitments are necessary at this time just trying to see if there is interest.

Keith Outten
05-13-2010, 7:20 AM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=140140

This is the link to our Stinger bulk buy discount thread for SawMill Creek Members.

Joey Jarrard
05-14-2010, 5:25 AM
Today is the big day. Everyone will get to see what all the hype is all about. I will be posting pics as well as video from jims show. Also the new web site will go live look for me to post the address and at what time I turn it on.

Michael Schwartz
05-14-2010, 5:44 AM
Today is the big day. Everyone will get to see what all the hype is all about. I will be posting pics as well as video from jims show. Also the new web site will go live look for me to post the address and at what time I turn it on.

Hopefully you guys are prepared for the onslaught of orders :D

Joey Jarrard
05-14-2010, 7:05 AM
The site is up. You can link to it from camaster.com
or the address is www.stingercnc.com the site will be under going
alot of changes soon I just wanted to get something up to show.
Hope you like the site as well as the stinger.

Nicholas Bukky
05-14-2010, 7:30 AM
Did you put RP on the Z? I thought I saw that in the specs a couple days ago. Is this what helps the 3D speed? I think this could be considered more than a Hobby router!! That thing would be great for all kinds of stuff!!
Nice work CaMaster!!

Enjoy your weekend!
Nick

james mcgrew
05-14-2010, 7:44 AM
that rack is smooth and fast!!

Bryan Cowan
05-14-2010, 8:43 AM
Jealous...I want another CAMaster! I need a bigger workshop first. :)

Nicholas Bukky
05-14-2010, 8:47 AM
Nothin like a nice rack...............and pinion.

Keith Outten
05-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Here is the link to the Stinger web site:

http://www.stingercnc.com/

Guy Mathews
05-14-2010, 1:40 PM
Like I said, The Stinger is going to turn the tabletop CNC market upside down.

The cutting area alone and exceeds most TT CNC's out there.

Too bad my boss won't get me one of these as a "Thanks for a job well done gift". Oh well, I am talking to Joey and will get mine soon enough!!!!!!

Gloat, gloat!

Nicholas Bukky
05-14-2010, 3:27 PM
Hey Joey are you going to offer the R&P on the cobra????

MMMMM that might be nice!! I am working my butt off to get my CaMaster!!

Nick

Joey Jarrard
05-14-2010, 9:16 PM
Nick with the servo system you do not need to have it on the cobra. It would also be a very cool thing to see put the high rpm servos on that gear ratio the z would have the same speed give or take as the x & y this is what we have on the stinger. This would put the z on a cobra at or arround 1500 ipm and although cool to see I would not do it. I can only think of a 4x8 sewing machine. But the servos will do the trick on the speed no prob. I will post a video of the x3 with the servo by Monday.

james mcgrew
05-16-2010, 6:18 AM
bring it in plug it up and go!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l3u85D1B5o

Guy Mathews
05-16-2010, 7:52 AM
I like the table for the Stinger and the computer just as much as I like The Stnger!

Joey Jarrard
05-16-2010, 10:35 AM
here are some more pics of the Stinger

Richard Link
05-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Jim,

I like the design for that two level table for the stinger. Was that yours? Would you be willing to provide some dimensions or maybe a few more shots of just the table?

Richard

Joey Jarrard
05-16-2010, 1:23 PM
Richard
the table that Jim built was great. I liked the desk being level with the routers top. The glass kept the keyboard clean. The only thing is if you may be needing the lathe option down the road the table needs to be alittle bigger so the lathes other leg can sit on the table.

james mcgrew
05-16-2010, 2:56 PM
i will do a dxf of the table we had a lot of request for it, i will photo it better tommorrow

jim

Guy Mathews
05-16-2010, 3:52 PM
Excellent!

Richard Link
05-16-2010, 3:57 PM
i will do a dxf of the table we had a lot of request for it, i will photo it better tommorrow

jim

Jim,

I'd be happy to convert the dxf into a sketchup file for other woodworkers to use if you would like.

Richard

Joey Jarrard
05-16-2010, 7:57 PM
When it is done I would like to make it a PDF and have it so folks could down load the plan or the file of the stinger site.

Richard Link
05-16-2010, 8:49 PM
When it is done I would like to make it a PDF and have it so folks could down load the plan or the file of the stinger site.

We can easily turn it into a detailed plan with cut list, joinery, etc. using Sketchup and make into a pdf for the website. Just depends on how generous Jim is with the details.....as he is the designer. I'm thinking mitered double inlayed dovetails for the sides..... just kidding.

What we really need to do is turn it into a series of files that could be cut on the stinger. Now that would be a cool way to get started with your machine - have it make you its own support table. Might be a little tough with the 25 x 36 cutting area, though, and clearly unnecessarily complicated.

Keith Outten
05-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Was the table design file posted?
I need some lead time to build my table since it will be welded steel. Can't do much without some dimentions.

james mcgrew
05-24-2010, 12:35 PM
why nick bukky just could not wait could you!!

Nicholas Bukky
05-24-2010, 1:50 PM
Heck no!:)

Joey Jarrard
05-31-2010, 7:32 PM
34 days and counting on the SMC/CAMaster giveaway. Get in while you can.

Gene Crain
05-31-2010, 8:48 PM
34 days and counting on the SMC/CAMaster giveaway. Get in while you can.

Crate it good....long way to it's new home here in Los Zacatitos

Thats Los Zacatitos, San Jose del Cabo BCS Mexico :D

Shari Loveless
05-31-2010, 9:34 PM
Wooooohoooooo! Just joined the Friends of the Creek. Would be nice to carve without ridges. ;) I'll be donating a design for a drawing to the cnc members later this summer. Gonna be a fun year!
I just :D the summertime.
Shari

Keith Outten
05-31-2010, 9:42 PM
No doubt we will have oe happy winner, the Stinger is quite the machine :)

The odds of winning are still less than 1 in 50 when you discount our Staff and others that are not eligible for the drawing.

Keith Outten
06-03-2010, 6:14 AM
The odds this morning are 1 in 52.

Joey Jarrard
06-03-2010, 6:41 AM
This is going to be fun.

Keith Outten
06-05-2010, 1:37 PM
The odds of winning today are one in 54.

I wonder if I can find a company that would be willing to offer a set of router bits to go with the Stinger?

Bob Savage
06-05-2010, 2:17 PM
Wow, those are pretty good odds.

Joey Jarrard
06-06-2010, 7:08 AM
I bet you can Keith. I heard you have been talking with one.

Richard Link
06-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Was the table design file posted?
I need some lead time to build my table since it will be welded steel. Can't do much without some dimentions.

Keith,

Haven't seen anything yet from Jim. Still happy to help with formatting, etc.

Just out of curiousity, why do you need a welded steel table?

Richard

james mcgrew
06-06-2010, 11:13 AM
i come in every monday and tell tony to write the demensions down as we did build this one from actual measurements.

i will try to do this tonight

Keith Outten
06-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Richard,

I don't really need a welded steel table but that is what I normally use to build tables in my shop. My main workbench is steel, has a 1/4" thick stainless steel top and heavy angle iron for legs. My secondary workbench is a 700 pound capacity steel hydraulic table with a plywood top. I just like tables that I can use for both metalworking and woodworking because I do a lot of both.

I expect one of the reasons I like CAMaster machines is that their frames are wellded steel. The last time I machined a 3D project at CNU with their ShopBot the frame was shaking in the X direction, not something I will tolerate again as it will be fixed soon. I haven't noticed a lot of shake on my ShopBot at home, it has the old style channel iron table rails. The ShopBot at CNU has the newer aluminum table support rails which I am not a fan.

james mcgrew
06-06-2010, 11:37 AM
even though this table is wood it should be steel, this machine is more industrial than one would think for the price,

Jerome Stanek
06-18-2010, 11:13 AM
do you have to let anyone know you want to be entered?

Keith Outten
06-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Jerome,

Once your Friends of The Creek record is completed you will automatically be entered in the drawing.

Keith Outten
06-22-2010, 7:05 AM
The odds of winning the new CAMaster Stinger CNC Router this morning are 1 in 63.

Joining Friends of The Creek also gets you full access to SawMill Creek for one year and a link from our high traffic web site which is great advertising value.

The new Stinger is taking off so there will be a waiting list if you order one today. I know because I am on the list at 3 to 4 weeks.

The list will only get longer folks but don't wait for the drawing.....CAMaster will refund your money if you win the Stinger in our Friends of The Creek Drawing on July 4th.

Good luck to everyone in the drawing :)

Joey Jarrard
06-22-2010, 9:38 AM
Wow The FOTC are at 70 now great going. This is a great way to get your name out and at the price it is well worth it even without the chance to win a Stinger.

Gene Crain
06-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Will not be long now...:D

Good luck to all who have entered the drawing!

Gene

Joey Jarrard
06-25-2010, 11:24 PM
9 more days until we know who is the big winner of the stinger cnc table top router. Just as a reminder we are in production of the orders that was placed and there will be a lead time on the stinger given away. We do not want to make a customer have any delays in getting there machine. The stinger that is for the giveaway is in production.

Hay in 36 min it will be 8 more days.

Keith Outten
06-26-2010, 7:41 AM
Eagle America has offered a set of router bits that would be perfect for the Stinger. Do you think we should add them to the Stinger Drawing?

Gene Crain
06-26-2010, 9:11 AM
Eagle America has offered a set of router bits that would be perfect for the Stinger. Do you think we should add them to the Stinger Drawing?

Yes! Of course, make it a "turn key" drawing!

Gene

Bob Cole
06-26-2010, 3:07 PM
I paid my dues today (been off the creek for quite awhile tending to other duties).

Sorry to reduce everyone else's odds but the creek is great and a small contribution is worth it.

Gene Crain
06-26-2010, 9:25 PM
9 more days until we know who is the big winner of the stinger cnc table top router. Just as a reminder we are in production of the orders that was placed and there will be a lead time on the stinger given away. We do not want to make a customer have any delays in getting there machine. The stinger that is for the giveaway is in production.

Hay in 36 min it will be 8 more days.

Thx Joey,

Make sure to pack it well for the long ride south...

Gene

Nicholas Bukky
06-27-2010, 1:17 PM
Gene sorry but it will never make it there............

Keith Outten
06-28-2010, 7:22 AM
It's Official,

Eagle America (http://www.eagleamerica.com/) has offered a 3 piece spiral router bit set to the winner of the Stinger Drawing on July 4th.

Less than a week to go folks, you can't be eligible to win unless you register in our Friends of The Creek Directory.

The Drawing is this Sunday!!!

Keith Outten
06-29-2010, 8:15 AM
I am still looking for more accessories for this drawing. We hope to find a company who will donate a set of carbide ball nose bits and possibly DC hose.

Dennis OBrien
06-29-2010, 11:15 AM
I Just bought my DC hose, but more is better!!

Keith Outten
06-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Email is now coming in......there will definately be more accessories for the Stinger Drawing :)

More info this evening.

Mike Heidrick
06-29-2010, 1:23 PM
This is awesome news!!

Keith Outten
06-29-2010, 11:04 PM
It's official!!!

Another Prize added to our Stinger Drawing

Southeast Tool (http://www.southeasttool.com/) has donated a 9 piece Router Bit set to be included with the CAMaster Stinger CNC Router drawing on July 4th. Southeast Tool is also giving the winner a Southeast Tool Knife/Flashlight combo tool with the winners name laser engraved on it.

Click here for the details. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1456955#post1456955)

Keith Outten
06-29-2010, 11:14 PM
I hope to be able to make an official announcement tomorrow concerning yet another prize to be added to this drawing.......25 foot of the best quality dust collection hose on the market. I have a verbal confirmation however I am waiting for an email message.

Joey Jarrard
06-30-2010, 7:18 AM
With a prize like this, it is tempting to terminate my association with CM and enter the drawing my self. For some one that has been thinking of starting a small custom wood working or sign shop. This is like getting a shop in a box. machine, tools, software.. All the winner needs to do is "just add customers" :D

james mcgrew
06-30-2010, 7:21 AM
we could compete for the

"friends of the creek" logo!!

Joey Jarrard
06-30-2010, 7:23 AM
have until Aug and we can have it at the show. At the gathering post.

Keith Outten
06-30-2010, 9:02 AM
we could compete for the

"friends of the creek" logo!!

Jim,

If you are suggesting that we submit sign designs for the Friends of The Creek logo I'm in........even though I already know that I can't win against the level of talent here :)

Any Rules?
Minimum or maximum size?

james mcgrew
06-30-2010, 9:35 AM
hey i am just an idea man myself, i would say post em fellows and let the poll decide!!

jim

Joey Jarrard
06-30-2010, 9:39 AM
I love a good dog and pony show.

Joey Jarrard
06-30-2010, 9:40 AM
What are the stakes!!! a SMC shirt?

Keith Outten
06-30-2010, 12:34 PM
We can certainly provide a SawMill Creek polo shirt for the winner :)

Joey Jarrard
06-30-2010, 2:00 PM
cool just need to find some time to play. to buzy

Gene Crain
07-02-2010, 12:15 PM
At what time sunday will the winner be known? ;)

Gene

Keith Outten
07-03-2010, 11:23 AM
The winner will be announced before lunch (12 noon EST).
We need a couple of hours to make sure we have reviewd all the entries and everyone who has entered is accounted for before we do the drawing.

Jim Underwood
07-03-2010, 11:59 AM
I've been drooling over this Router since you announced the drawing.

I pulled the trigger today, so now I'm on pins and needles until you announce the winner.

I SO want a router in my home shop...:D

I have one at work, but don't get enough time to work with it cuz we're cutting out cabinets all the time...:o

Jim Underwood
07-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Jim,

If you are suggesting that we submit sign designs for the Friends of The Creek logo I'm in........even though I already know that I can't win against the level of talent here :)

Any Rules?
Minimum or maximum size?

Logo design contest for a SMC polo shirt sounds fun. Is this a 3D Logo? Black and white drawing? Carved Logo?

james mcgrew
07-03-2010, 12:50 PM
good to see you jim!, i can see a camaster in your future! as for the logo bring em all!!

jim

Mike Svoma
07-03-2010, 2:14 PM
Opt me in please.

Jim Underwood
07-03-2010, 2:44 PM
Whoa! 20 people signed up for FOTC memberships after I did...:eek: Still, the odds are better than most....

Mike you have to sign up as a "Friends of the Creek" contributer in order to be eligible for the Router giveaway...

Joey Jarrard
07-03-2010, 3:28 PM
odds are still good at about 1 in 100 for the big grand prize.

Do not for get if you are not the lucky winner Keith has a mass buy in that can save some money for the rest of you.

Keith Outten
07-03-2010, 3:52 PM
All Friends of The Creek members are eligible for all of our drawings.

The FreeStuff drawings you must opt-in to be eligible to win by posting in the thread. The reason we do this is because in the past we had winners who never claimed the prizes and some people may already own a particular prize.

Every drawing is a stand alone event so you can win multiple prizes if your name is drawn by the computer. Everyone has the same chance of winning, your post count or the length of time you have been part of the Community are not weighted. Aaron's computer program that we use to draw names randomly selects a name from the database....It's the luck of the draw

If you take the total number of directory entries from the FOTC and subtract 7 that is the current odds for the drawing. For instance right now there are 105 entries minus 7 = 98, so the odds are 1 in 98.

Tomorrow we are going to put a big smile on someone's face....make that four people's faces.

Joey Jarrard
07-03-2010, 4:37 PM
Sounds great Keith

Michael Short
07-03-2010, 8:42 PM
This is way tooooooooooo COOOL !!!!

Gene Crain
07-03-2010, 9:04 PM
Rancho Milagro and Familia Crain are starting the dances/prayers for the winning draw of this fine machine...as I have said in many forums "soon to be yellow next to blue"....Great Spirit shine well upon us! :)

Good Luck to all who have joined!

The 2 North America Friends Of The Creek, from Mexico.

Gene and Terri Crain

Joey Jarrard
07-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Gene do you know a good customs broker?

With little more than one and one half hour to go I want to thank all.

Gene Crain
07-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Gene do you know a good customs broker?

With little more than one and one half hour to go I want to thank all.

Oh yes I do...

Dreams of a stinger are dancing here around the fire tonight!

Gene

Joey Jarrard
07-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Ok it's the 4th.
We will know somthing by noon.

Mike Schnorr
07-04-2010, 7:54 AM
Should I start rearranging my shop to make room for my new Stinger?

Jim Underwood
07-04-2010, 8:25 AM
Why, did you buy one? ;)

james mcgrew
07-04-2010, 8:57 AM
probably a good idea for all of you to clean your shops!!

:D

Jim Underwood
07-04-2010, 9:26 AM
What?!!! And mess up my major mojo?

Belinda Barfield
07-04-2010, 9:31 AM
The suspense is killing me!

Keith Outten
07-04-2010, 9:47 AM
The Winner of our grand prize CAMaster Stinger CNC Router is Dan Hintz (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=26182)

Congratulations Dan and welcome to our family of CNC owners!!!!!!

Scott Shepherd
07-04-2010, 9:57 AM
Keith, I happen to know Dan is out of room and his wife said he can't have any new toys, so he's agreed to store it at my place. No need to ask him, he's bitter about it, so I'll just send my shipping address and we'll try not to upset him any more than he already is :)

Congratulations Dan, I'm sure it'll be put to good use!

Joey Jarrard
07-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Congrats Dan welcome to the camaster family.

Mitchell Andrus
07-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Congratulations, Dan.... my newest best friend. And only a few hours away.

Oh, yea, almost forgot the 'you suck' part.....

You Suck.

Also, thank you to the sponsors/contributors for their great support.

james mcgrew
07-04-2010, 11:59 AM
congradulations Dan!! welcome to camheads!!

www.camheads.org (http://www.camheads.org)

Chuck Saunders
07-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Congratulations Dan, This is so cool.

Michael Hunter
07-04-2010, 12:54 PM
We all knew that Dan wanted it really really badly!

Congratulations

Viktor Voroncov
07-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Congratulations, Dan! Time to make barbeque for SMC members :)

Rudy Ress
07-04-2010, 1:15 PM
Congratulations Dan. Now the pressure is on to show us what you can do with it. :D

Gene Crain
07-04-2010, 1:51 PM
Right on Dan! :D ! Can't wait to see some pictures...

Gene

Jim Underwood
07-04-2010, 1:59 PM
Congratulations Dan!

Larry Bratton
07-04-2010, 2:11 PM
Congratulations Dan. I know with all your technical knowledge, you will produce some awesome work with it.

Guy Mathews
07-04-2010, 5:22 PM
This has gone to a most deserving Creeker. Dan has consistently posted and helped many people in the laser forum. His technical knowledge for lasers will transition well, especially when he realizes the potential of combining the laser and the CNC together on the same projects.

Congratulations Dan. It will be nice to see you over at the CNC side of the Creek!!!!

Happy 4th to all!

Joey, I am slowly scraping up the funds for the one you quoted me!!!! Hoping to place my order right before Christmas.

Guy

Guy Mathews
07-04-2010, 5:24 PM
Keith, I happen to know Dan is out of room and his wife said he can't have any new toys, so he's agreed to store it at my place. No need to ask him, he's bitter about it, so I'll just send my shipping address and we'll try not to upset him any more than he already is :)

What he said!!!!!!:D

Keith Westfall
07-04-2010, 6:11 PM
Congratulations Dan! (Though I wish I had won instead!)

Awesome prize and a big thumbs up to "The Creek" for making it happen.

Dee Gallo
07-04-2010, 6:26 PM
Congratulations, Dan! Your extra 3 entries paid off then, eh? JK.

You're going to have to find some time to learn something new now - poor you, we feel so sorry for you. NOT!

Have fun with your newest toy, you certainly deserve to win. We all thank you for your generous help and support of the Creek.

cheers, dee

Dennis OBrien
07-04-2010, 8:24 PM
Congrats and welcom to the Stinger family Dan!

Dennis

Joey Jarrard
07-04-2010, 10:42 PM
This was so fun we may need to start looking at next year. ;)

Keith Outten
07-05-2010, 8:30 AM
We haven't heard from Dan yet, he was here yesterday at 4:44pm but I guess he didn't see that he was the winner of the Stinger.

Wake up Dan :)

Jim Underwood
07-05-2010, 8:36 AM
Hey does that mean we all get another chance?:D

Guy Mathews
07-05-2010, 8:40 AM
We haven't heard from Dan yet, he was here yesterday at 4:44pm but I guess he didn't see that he was the winner of the Stinger.

At our local Fire Company 50/50, if the winner doesn't speak up they draw again!!!!!

Then again, Dan may have passed out from the excitement of being the big winner!!!!!

james mcgrew
07-05-2010, 8:46 AM
with 2600 + post i would not consider dan shy!!

Braun Reszler
07-05-2010, 8:59 AM
Gratz Dan, I was hoping to get into CNC with a win. Has there been any thought to turning this into a raffle type thing, I would be willing to spend 50$ a month to win some nice machinery. I love raffles.

Dee Gallo
07-05-2010, 1:00 PM

Keith, I'm pretty sure he was getting married... so we all know what he's going to try to pass off to his bride for a wedding present...:):)

Dennis OBrien
07-05-2010, 2:06 PM
Dan posted on this thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1460781#post1460781

Dennis

Keith Outten
07-05-2010, 3:41 PM
I just read Dan's response concerning his win :)

Dee, thats an innovative approach to a wedding present. Now that you have shared the idea with everyone there will no doubt be a rush of woodworkers attempting to acquire new machines. I wonder if would work for Christmas and birthday presents :)

Dan Hintz
07-05-2010, 5:43 PM
Sorry, guys and gals... I kind of forgot there was more than one thread floating around about this. I have been in touch with both Keith an Joey, and I'm pretty stoked on this one. I'm happy to see Steve was looking out for my well being with his offer to give the machine a good home, but I'm proud to say such drastic methods will not be necessary.

Though room is currently a bit tight in my still-in-progress workshop, I've decided there's room to spare once I get rid of Amy's antique furniture and photo albums. I'm sure she'll be grateful that I've taken the initiative to clear her life of such useless detritus as we start our new lives together :D

I have no doubt Keith, Steve, and a few others will lose patience with me in short order as I ask them about the best ways to incorporate the new toy into my lasering routine.

Scott Shepherd
07-05-2010, 6:13 PM
Let's just hope you don't have to fit it in your car :D

That should have been the rule. If it won't fit in your car, you can't have it :)

Mick A Martin
07-05-2010, 6:59 PM
Congratulations Dan, your going to love the stinger. :)

Braun Reszler
07-05-2010, 9:59 PM
That should have been the rule. If it won't fit in your car, you can't have it

Says the guy with a 50' trailer.

Guy Mathews
07-06-2010, 6:08 AM
says the guy with a 50' trailer.

roflmao!!!!!

Dan Hintz
07-06-2010, 9:44 AM
That should have been the rule. If it won't fit in your car, you can't have it :)
Ha ha... I couldn't even get the laser's vector table box in the trunk of the 370Z, could I. Be glad I didn't bring the S2000 that day, or I may not have been able to even get the vector table itself in there!

It's like buying tools, though... if the rule is I need to have a car big enough to bring it home, I'd spend $40k to purchase a truck big enough to bring home a $6k prize ;)

Guy Mathews
07-06-2010, 8:11 PM
Ha ha... I couldn't even get the laser's vector table box in the trunk of the 370Z, could I. Be glad I didn't bring the S2000 that day, or I may not have been able to even get the vector table itself in there!

It's like buying tools, though... if the rule is I need to have a car big enough to bring it home, I'd spend $40k to purchase a truck big enough to bring home a $6k prize ;)

Sounds like a city person from New York living in Westchester.

I have known a few that will buy a 40K pickup, a 10K dump trailer to tow behind the 40K pickup, a 1200 dollar chainsaw, a 1900 dollar log splitter and swear up and down they are beating the oil company because they cut and split their own fire wood!

Go figure!:D