PDA

View Full Version : Great Customer Service!

Scott Shepherd
05-09-2010, 9:35 AM
Went to dinner last night at Bonefish Grill (owned by Outback, I think). Place was packed but we got a table, were promptly waited on, no issues at all with the promptness from our waitress. She came out said "Your order will be out in just a minute, they are putting it together right now".

It took about 10 minutes for that to happen. She came back by, said "I'm sorry, apparently their idea and my idea of a minute are two different things".

The food came right after that. Probably waited about 30 minutes or so for the food, which was no big deal.

As we are eating, the manager walks over, introduces himself and apologizes for the delay. He said they had a mistake in the kitchen and it caused them to get behind, and he's like to pick up the check for our dinner. He told us to save room for dessert and enjoy the rest of our evening.

Check came, sure enough, he picked up the tab for the meal. The people behind us sat down minutes before us, got their food just minutes before us, but they had a different person waiting on them.

Apparently the waitress complained to the manager, which prompted him to do that, where the waiter for the table behind us didn't say a word about it.

That's the first time in my life I've ever had a manager pick up the tab. The food was outstanding (as it always is), and we thought the service was fine, so this was a very nice surprise.

So hats off to Bonefish for going the extra mile. Now, if we just just get some of those companies notorious for poor customer service to follow in their footsteps :)