PDA

View Full Version : Back for more.....

Karl Card
05-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Wow I have missed this place. I have been off due to a pinched sciatic nerve and still not 100 percent yet but better than before.

I started to also get depressed about my finishes. Well I got to talking to a freind of a friend and he turned me onto spraying finished with a gun instead of using brush on lacquers and the such... So now I am really hyped up again and ready to take my finishes to the next level. He gave me a quart of amber shellac and some precat lacquer to play with... I was so appreciative I did not know what to say and thanks was just not enough...

Anyway I have missed looking at all the cool wood stuff and glad to be able to get back and post some stuff soon..

kc

Bernie Weishapl
05-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Glad to have ya back Karl. My wife is fight that same thing. Hope things continue to get better for you.

Steve Schlumpf
05-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing some of your work real soon!

John Keeton
05-09-2010, 6:41 AM
Karl, I still remember the pics of your wood stash - good thing you are back on the lathe!! You have work to do!! Glad you are feeling better.

Allen Neighbors
05-09-2010, 9:08 AM
Welcome back, Karl. I'm having some of those sciatic nerve problems, also. I can sympathize with you. The vortex is still spinning!
I spray pre-cat lacquer, and leave it in the gun. I've never dismantled the gun to clean it. It's awesome and easy!!