PDA

View Full Version : Color fill pen

Cindy Rhoades
05-08-2010, 6:37 PM
Has anyone used the airpens for color fill, if so do they work like it looks like it should? I just got a very large order for some parts that require color fill and the squeegie method is going to be a pain because the area to fill is a corner bracket that is maybe 1/2 inch. Any feed back would be helpful.

Clyde Baumwell
05-09-2010, 9:20 AM
I don't know what material you are engraving, but I use the wipe off pens (mainly black but there are lots of colors available). I use them on white tile and white plastic. I have tested it for durability and it holds up incredibly well!- i don't know why the image just doesn't come off in the engraved areas

Steve Kelsey
05-09-2010, 11:19 AM
I don't know what material you are engraving, but I use the wipe off pens (mainly black but there are lots of colors available). I use them on white tile and white plastic. I have tested it for durability and it holds up incredibly well!- i don't know why the image just doesn't come off in the engraved areas

Can you post a link or a brand name for these? i'd like to check them out.

Thanks!

Cindy Rhoades
05-09-2010, 12:01 PM
the one I was looking at is www.artisan-es.com/AirPen.htm (http://www.artisan-es.com/AirPen.htm) check it out I think it could be very useful

Larry Bratton
05-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Cindy,
I remember finding this same tool online and had the same thought, until I found (in this forum I do believe) that they aren't really worth the money. I don't recall the post, but I do remember I didn't buy one because of this. Just my two cents worth.

James Stokes
05-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I have one, it is more trouble than it is worth. Myself I would put tape on the project and spray paint.

Cindy Rhoades
05-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I want to thank everyone for their input and you probably just saved me the $150 or so that they are asking for these pens.

Clyde Baumwell
05-10-2010, 3:57 PM
I use the wipe off board pens like Expo or similar-available everywhere

Mark Winlund
05-10-2010, 5:48 PM
We used to use this setup many years ago. A gentleman in Texas made them from hypodermic syringes. It didn't work very well then, and I suspect it doesn't work all that well now! They clogged easily, and were hard to clean. We made a lot of badges for a big company that had multiple colors. All rotary cut; no lasers then! It was faster than the fill and wipe method, though.

Mark

Bill Cunningham
05-11-2010, 8:16 PM
I wonder what the lapel pin Manuf. use to fill the coloured enamel filled sections of the pins.. Some of these are pretty darn tiny, I have seen videos of them in action filling various areas of lapel pins, and the skill is truly amazing. But, you never quite see the 10 year old girl who does it while working away in the Chinese Factory:confused: