PDA

View Full Version : Anyone making Pet Tags from Plastic?

Stanley Waldrup
05-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Anyone making Pet Tags from Plastic? Where is a good Supplier? All the plastic I have seen seems to thin.
Stanley

AL Ursich
05-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Think ChewBarka . com

Anodized Aluminum is the standard for pet tags.

Frank will "Hook you UP"....:eek:

You can see his stuff on eBay too.

If you are serious about plastic tags then doing Epoxy Dome over the tag could make it more durable.

AL

Viktor Voroncov
05-08-2010, 2:58 AM
Why do not use any 3,2 mm plastic from Rowmark or IPI? You can easily engrave it, cut any shape, durable, outdoor.

Tim Bateson
05-08-2010, 9:46 AM
I think that's been tried here. If these are for dogs, they just chew the plastic.

Viktor Voroncov
05-08-2010, 9:57 AM
My dog can't :) because dog tag is on dog's neck :)

Scott Shepherd
05-08-2010, 10:25 AM
I cut some out of plastic for a few family pets years ago. I found that the plastic breaks too easily. Dog's play and run so much, they just didn't hold up. I suspect if I put the hole further away from the edge, they would have lasted longer, but they were also getting banged by all the required metal tags the county made them have on there.

Jim Coffee
05-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I've used the 1/8" exterior Rowmark for our Golden Retreiver. Had a bit of scrap laying around. It works well. Also put her micro chip number and the phone number for those folks onto the tag. Wood grain. Nice.

Ed Maloney
05-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Here are some I made from Rowmark LaserMax.

Ed Maloney
05-09-2010, 10:22 AM
..and here are the pictures also!

Mike Null
05-10-2010, 12:47 AM
I've pretty much stopped making luggage tags from laminated plastic due to complaints of breakage.

I would use anodized aluminum or brass if you can work with it.

Scott Balboa
05-24-2010, 6:17 PM
I've used 1/16" Rowmark LaserMax or MetalGraph with great results. If you're worried about the split ring breaking through the hole @ the top of the tag, you can laser two identical tag-shapes and glue or tape them together, back-to-back. There is a tiny seam but you'll never notice, and the tag feels more sturdy and heavy. It also allows you to make a 2-sided tag, one side with a name, and the other side with contact info. Have one on my Golden Retriever right now!

Greg Bednar
05-24-2010, 6:59 PM
I use fluorescents 1/8" from a local supplier. My favorite is the green - especially good for the cat customers. I engrave them on the back with a lower than recommended speed so it catches more light to show the name.